Saturday, February 20, 2016

Recker Get's His Tonsil Out

We've been busy since the last time I blogged, I'm trying to play catch up.  Recker needed to have his tonsils out.  He has severe sleep apnea and some other issues surrounding his Autism. The tonsillectomy will help with some of those issues.
I was so proud of him, he had a hard time being sedated but was a champ.  It broke my heart to see him in the hospital, he looked sad and in pain.  On the other hand ice cream, popsicles and sherbet were on his diet; he lost 8-10 pounds, I want that diet on my plan.  Kayla stayed at the hospital for the 2 nights he was admitted.

Just before going into surgery

He is darling I love you Recker

He was a perfectly content patient

Getting bored

Best buddies, best brothers Ezra and Recker

Rate your Pain

Ezra and Jeremy at the entrance of the
Children's Hospital


Recker is so ready to go home.
My love for this little guy runs deep-I hope I can be a light to him as his grandmother as he has been for me during some dark times.  I love Recker's sweet heart and kind personality.  He connects with us through our hearts-If I point to my chin and say "I love you" he will return with "I love you" not quite as clear, but we know what he is saying.  We are taking baby steps with this sweet boy. It's hard to believe he is now 6 year's old.

0 comments: