Friday, October 8, 2010

Ginger Molasses Cookies

I did not mention buy one get one free, and I did not share with anyone hee hee♡ it will take me a few days to eat 2 though

Pink breast cancer ribbon, sugar cookies .....

I love this month, October in Arizona always is the start of our cooler weather, pumpkin patches, hunting for the perfect costume, holiday decorations and baking....oh how I love to bake. Jessica Roussel bought me this cute breast cancer cookie cutter, so it would be rude not to use it right? I made my famous sugar cookies.. ask my kids and all their friends...these cookies are famous at our house, they love, love love when I make them, and from the mouth of my daughter "i've waited a long time for you to make these" from the words of her friends "come to mama" not really it just sounds good.... ha ha

I will see Dr. Kreymerman this morning for my pre-op appointment you all know I love Dr. PK and he has been such a huge part of my life this past year, so today is the day I take him some breast cancer sugar cookies, and the baby gifts I made for him and his wife and new baby coming in November. More about that later....

I want you to know I showed great resistance and did not eat one sugar cookie, I didn't even taste the dough or lick my fingers when the frosting took over..... I know, how impressive right???? Well not really, another reason why I love the month of October is that Paradise Bakery always has their seasonal ginger molasses cookies, I have been waiting, and waiting and yesterday I indulged. If you've never had one, don't start because you will not be able to put them down, well maybe you could start out slow, maybe try a chipper. My son will be asking me to send him these any week now, they are his favorite and I am not sure how many I sent him last year ... I will say that the people at Paradise Bakery would say everytime I walked in "hello Monya, how many ginger molasses cookies would you like today?" Oh my, that is bad.....really, really bad.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

they really are the best sugar cookies ever! thanks for sharing with us. love you!

emily