Thursday, December 2, 2010

Warriors🚩

Who are the warriors in your life?   What is a warrior?    Webster has this to say about Warriors.......

war·rior

 noun, often attributive 
\ˈwȯr-yər, ˈwȯr-ē-ər, ˈwär-ē- also ˈwär-yər\

Definition of WARRIOR

: a man engaged or experienced in warfare; broadly : a person engaged in some struggle or conflict
I have been thinking about this word WARRIOR for a few weeks now. Athletes are sometimes referred to as warriors when they put it all on the line to win, sometimes at any cost.  The media has made some celebrities out to be WARRIORS, people in our lives who we can look up to or admire for their fight to get where they are today.  Going to battle is what you may think of, that huge big WARRIOR standing up for what they believe 
This is what I have decided, It's not about how much money you make or have, it's not about who you know or where you live.  It's all about how much love you have in your heart, it matters.  The person who struggles everyday to make enough money to feed their family, is a WARRIOR.  The people who share what they have with the less fortunate are WARRIORS.  The single mothers striving to raise beautiful, compassionate children, you are  WARRIORS. The father and mother who no matter what type of day they have had bring their family together every night and kneel for family prayer, they are WARRIORS. 
 Most WARRIORS don't know they are, they make life easier for those around them without any effort.  I've come to see people in a different light, most people are good and want to share, most of us want to become WARRIORS. I love Webster's 2nd example of a WARRIOR  "a person engaged in some struggle or conflict"  do you know anyone in your life without struggle or conflict?  I don't, WE ARE ALL WARRIORS in our own right.

3 comments:

Loretta said...

I love the way you write.

Anonymous said...

In my church talks, journals and RS lessons, and in private, and idividiually, I have often refered to my sons as Warrior's..."Warrior's From Heaven" or often "Soldiers From Heaven". I have told this to them now for 11 years! I remind them that their Heavenly Father knew that THEY COULD HANDLE the trials dealt them and that they would come out valiant because they were strong faithful competant Warriors! My boys are Soldiers, and continue to impress me with their ability to carry on. I am also so impressed with your Warriorness,(feminine)and your ability to carry on and be valiant! Thanks for the 'food for thought' today! Much aprreciated!! Loves to you and Eric!
Patti

Melody said...

Monya, YOU are a warrior! Keep fighting! I'm praying for you!