Sunday, December 19, 2010

Faith

"I can do anything through Christ who gives me strength"  Phil 4:13  A sweet friend left this FAITH  plaque on my doorstep on Friday night along with a note


Monya, when my son was in the hospital last summer because of his diabetes, wondering why he had to live with this disease, I opened up my scriptures at about 2 am and looked up the word "sickness"  I found a verse that read, "HE will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of HIS people"
I always knew that Jesus bore our sins but I had forgotten this part, that he had suffered for our sicknesses too.  Because HE knows our suffering, HE knows how to comfort us as well.


Tears rolled down my cheeks as I read this special note, I too have forgotten about that part.  I have forgotten that through my Faith in HIM and his atoning sacrifice I do not have to bear my burdens alone...HE "gets it" HE has felt the pains of VILLAIN patients,  HE has felt MY sickness.  Thank you so much Michelle for reminding me of this important message I needed to hear so badly right now.


Do you see what I mean about my friends who are "Women who Know?"

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Amen to this - Monya our sweet Lord loves us more than anything and I know He'll NEVER give us more than He knows we're capabale of handling. You are a mighty strong woman. Love you.

Michelle said...

Thank you Monya:)

Anonymous said...

I know the father prepares the way for us to endure trials to come,
because he suffered for our sins, was bruised for our pains and sickness, knows us and accompanies us at all times, he is our comforter
He loves us
thanks sister, is an example of faith for me