Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me 2012

I ♥ Recker
I only have one more year in my forties, I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. When, and how did that happen? Five minutes ago I was 19 years old dating the love of my life and thinking anyone over the age of 30 was old, and definitely anyone over 50 was ready for the grave. Boy, oh boy how perspectives change. Today I turned 49, I spent the day at a Mayo Clinic cancer symposium in Scottsdale.  Eric surprised me with a night at the Westin in the Kierlands, this is where the symposium was held.  I know it sounds strange that I would want to spend my birthday listening to Doctors talk about cancer, but it really is what I wanted to do--I will post more about that later.  I was privileged to have lunch with my sweet friend Heather Lucas, I truly believe people come into our lives for a reason, I met Heather because I was undergoing cancer treatments she has become more than a medical care giver she has become a life time friend, I care and love her very much.

The best part of my day was coming home and jumping on our trampoline with Recker--he loves me, I have the hardest time explaining what my heart feels for that little guy--he smiles so big with his teeth showing and I can't help but laugh and squeeze him--he takes my hand and leads me outside to the tramp then climbs up on it, and grabs my hand to lead me on with him.  Just the act of leading me and guiding me is such an accomplishment for him, but more than that I love all that he has taught me about patience, and listening with my heart.  I'm convinced that unconditional LOVE is a gift from above.  Happy Birthday to Me.

0 comments: