Monday, January 23, 2012

Celebration









Today, is a good day--my new friend rang the bell for his last radiation treatment--whoo hoo.  When I walked into the waiting area and saw all the blue balloons and people, it put a smile in my heart, they were all there for him.  There is something beautiful about having loving, supportive people in your life.  For cancer patients it gives them HOPE, and FAITH in their future, that love is what gets them through one more round of chemo,  one more port access, another day of hovering over a toilet.  For me, I love  to have family around, keeping connected with them gives me pleasure, and I just want to cultivate it while I can,  enjoy every moment I have.   I will forever look at family and close friends differently than I ever have in my life.

As I sat and watched and observed this huge support system he has, it reconfirmed to me how vitally important it is to nurture good relationships,  be kind to everyone who is in your life, and those who are passing through, tell the people in your life how much you love them, how much you appreciate them.   Hold on to good memories and cherish the happy times.  What a happy time for this guy and his family.  I KNOW he will remember this day and hopefully it will bring him comfort on a day when he feels alone or scared--Thank you for inviting me to share in this moment with you and your loved ones.

0 comments: