Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tennis-LOVE=0

Tonight was so fun, I felt like BOB from the movie "What about Bob?" you know when he sailed for the 1st time?  he was tied onto the front of the boat yelling "I sail, I'm a sailor" if you haven't seen that movie this will not be very funny to you, however, I have seen it and tonight "I played Tennis, I'm a Tennis player"   We are a tennis playing family now, Eric got Tennis rackets for the family breast cancer rackets and balls for the girls, cute huh?  Eric and Brian are the only "good" players.  Eric played on the Highschool Tennis team and I always made fun of him UNTIL .... tonight, it's a fun but a lot more of a workout then I thought it would be.  Eric has a killer serve, Brian can keep up with him he's really good also.  
I'm 48 years old and just now trying a new sport, tennis is something I have always wanted to play until tonight I never knew any rules and never understood the whole LOVE thing in the scoring, but now I do.
Life is so short, don't wait until you are 48 to try something new, do it now, take that trip you've always wanted to, run that marathon now, learn to do anything you've never done before, it will amaze you what you can accomplish..... I stink at Tennis but I  don't care, it was so fun, and I will do it again soon.

4 comments:

Kayla Roussel said...

UM THAT IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIES, AND PROB ONE OF THE BEST SCENES IN IT...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrbY4hsNh64&feature=related

Marilyn said...

When I was 4 I wanted tap dance shoes so badly....I cried and cried because my mom didn't see the dream with me....when I was 47 I bought my own tap shoes and danced with the senior citizens....no recitals, no mirrors...just fun....I had to go back to teaching at the end of the summer...and they had to go back to retirement...but we had such fun that summer....Just last week I was at a Chinese restaurant...my fortune read, "Just because you put tap shoes on an elephant doesn't mean it can dance.".....I laughed, and laughed...Oh, yah, I danced all one summer...and it was wonderful! (by the way....I loved that movie....that line still makes me laugh)

Robin said...

It's never too late! You can be anything you want to be. Isn't that fabulous!

Courtney said...

I LOVE Tennis and I'm so glad you're taking it up.