Monday, April 18, 2011

Boys and Girls

Recker is getting bigger everyday, this week I have observed him when I take him to the park, play areas, or when we went to dinner the other night at Joe's Farm Grill for Jeremy's birthday.  The rest of my family was waiting in line (over an hour) and I decided to take Recker out in the yard and play while they wait.  I definetely got the better end of the deal... as I observed Recker and the other children playing, I could see such a difference between the boys and girls.  Recker loves to pick up rocks and throw them, he loves to dig his hands into the dirt, shuffle his feet through the dirt and make dirt clouds, he watched some older boys playing with a football and wanted to be a part of it, he tried to pick up a spider, I had to intercept that one.  I took him over to a grassy area where the other children where playing, this is when I took note of the differences between boys and girls, even at this young age.  I loved watching the little girls playing together so nicely, sitting on the grass looking at each others toys and quietly playing "pretend"  the girls were a bit older than Recker however, the difference just in gender was so obvious.  These girls are all dressed in pink, hair curled and some type of bow in their hair, I watched them hold hands and play a game together, when one of the girls fell and hit the grass she immediately got up and brushed off any evidence of dirt or grass that my have been left behind.  Clearly the boys were rolling in the dirt, it was all I could do to keep Recker out of a mud hole.

I truly believe that all children come to earth with these special spirits, each with their own unique personality.  Heavenly Father created boys and girls obviously physically different for a reason, but to watch the difference in their spirits, it hit me that HIS plan is perfect, it's perfect in every way from the time we are conceived until the day we return home to HIM, there is a plan, it is definitely not by coincidence that the genders are so different.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I have been thinking lately with all of the grandkids, how amazing they are and wishing so badly that I would have taken the time to notice all the amazement of my own children. There is such a calmness to being a grandparent and such a different feeling as a parent. I adore watching little ones now and seeing all that they do in amazement. Great post.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the work you have put into the article, this helps clear up a few questions I had.