Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I lost 5 pounds today

I am on day 3 after my 3rd round of chemo and very concerned. This morning around 2:30 am I woke up very sick, I immedietly weighed myself as I knew I was not going to get through this quickly. By 5 pm I have lost over 5 pounds, I called my Oncologist and they too are concerned but told me to drink some gatorade and see if I can hold it down for 24 hours, if not I will be admitted into Mayo Hospital for some IV infusion to get me hydrated. WOW I thought it would get easier as I went along, knowing what I am facing everyweek I have gotten alot of anxiety but usually around Saturday I start to get excited knowing I will be feeling much better by Monday of the following week. I feel so weak today, it is difficult for me to do anything but lay in my bed, any time I get up....I get sick. I know this is just part of the process and I am going to be able to endure it fine, but it is a little concerning, most of the time I lose around 3 pounds for the entire week, so 5 pounds in one day worries me. I pray tonight for some fluids to stay down, the last thing I want to do is go to the hospital, and again I thank Heavenly Father everyday for my blessings. Today I am grateful for Sister Ruthanne VanWagoner who brought over some Powerade, and to Anita Sheffield for bringing a wonderful dinner to my husband and daughter.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I can't imagine how miserable it must be. We pray for you each day.

One thing my mom found out that helped her TREMENDOUSLY was to get fluids a few times a week through her port. It helped cleanse her system faster from the chemo and helped her feel so much better. She did it on an outpatient basis. Maybe it my help. Hang in there and know we love you!