Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I know God Lives


Today as I held my new grandson Recker, I wondered how people could ever doubt that there is a God, when my daughter and I watched it rain and hail, again I wondered how is it that some people can not see the Lord's hand in the beauty of the earth, why do some people believe and some people not that there really is a God? Have the people who don't believe never felt the spirit touch them or ever seen a child take their first breath of life?
Today I felt good, not hippity dippity good, but really good so Kayla left Recker with Haleigh and we decided to get some things done. It rained most of the time we were out and it was beautiful, I love the winters in Arizona.
For me, there is no way I can ever deny the hand of the Lord in my life leading me, guiding me, walking beside me, encouraging me with the beauty I see all around me, that he lives, that he has not abandoned me. Today as I walked from COSTCO to my car I let the rain hit my face, it was a private moment that brought me to tears. I imagined the rain were the tears from Heaven letting me know, HE knows my pain and letting me know I can endure this, I can do anything with HIM on my side. I bear testimony tonight that when we allow the Lord to take our hand and guide us through our trials, instead of trying to find solutions on our own that we think might be better, life is easier, HE will help us, it's his promise as a FATHER. I know there is a God, I know he had a SON who died for all of us, HE felt the pain I am feeling and that you are feeling, I know just as I hurt when my kids hurt Heavenly Father hurts when we hurt, he wants to take away the pain, he has the power to take it away, but what would we learn if he did? This life is all about learning to be the best we can be, learning to endure to the end, and in the end if we have done all we can do to keep our promises to the Lord, to be a good person, share with others, keep the commandments and convenants we have made, then the Lord is bound by his word to also keep his promises he has made with all of his children to give us eternal life and live with him again. This is what I know to be true, I believe it with all my heart and it is part of what fuels me to be a better person today than I was yesterday, somedays are easier than others, but I repent say I'm sorry and try again the next day.

3 comments:

Kristi & Austin said...

And with tears rolling down my face,I read this when I needed it most... I too know that God lives! Love you Monya!

Heidi said...

You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers! You are such an inspiration Monya ~ Stay Strong ~

Marilyn said...

In that picture he looks like Jeremy.....I keep checking to see if there are new pics on Kayla's blog....but she has been too busy with baby...and I sure understand that....hug and hold him for me...so sweet.