Thursday, December 24, 2009

2009

On this day before Christmas 2009, I am overwhelmed with life and how quickly it has changed for us this year. Kaitlyn met Brian, got engaged and married, Blake decided a mission for the church is what he wanted to do he left us in September for 2 years, and we became 1st time grandparents. What a JOY it is to have all these Tender Mercies in my life.
Along with all these tender mercies I have felt the fear of being told
"You have stage 3-C breast cancer" The range of emotions I have dealt with so far this year are extreme happiness, uncontrollable tears of pain, heart wrenching sadness, complete doubt in myself, I have at times felt ugly and unaccepted in my own skin, self conscious having no hair has been one of the hardest emotions I have had to ever deal with in my life. I have never been so raw with emotions, to share them with all to read has been liberating and healing for me. The comments you have left for me are undeniably what gets me through to the next round, I could never go on without the support and love of family and friends.
The power of prayer in my life? .....it's indescribable, I have always been a spiritual person, someone who believes in the power of prayer, but never in my life have I felt the hand of the Lord directly in MONYA'S world, HE is with me constantly, I want to be a better person, I understand what is important and for me right now it is FAMILY I need them in my life, I want them surrounding me, laughing with me, crying with me and helping me to look for the good in life around me, the power of FAMILY LOVE is unconditional, just the way the Lord inteded family life to be.

8 comments:

Tracey said...

You are awesome. Hang in there and have a Merry Christmas! xoxo

lorie said...

This was a goodie, today.

Kristi & Austin said...

Enjoy Christmas with your family and that new baby of yours!!! XO

Kristin Walledom (337) 912-5909 said...

I so wish I was there! I am struggling with not being able to be with family this Christmas. I am so grateful for each of you. Enjoy the time together give Recker a big fat kiss and I am so glad you are feeling better. I worry constantly.....

Shannon said...

Doran and I just had the conversation about how healing writing on a blog can be. I have been writing on mine almost every day and it too gets me through each day. I am so happy you have been writing. I check each day to see if you have updated your blog. It helps us to feel a part of your life. We pray for you each day. I hope you know that you are always in our thoughts! I hope tomorrow is filled with laughter and joy and you celebrate time with your family. I pray for your strength so that you can do that.

We love you!
Shannon

Sandy B said...

Keep posting, keep sharing, keep strong, keep healing, keep growing, keep feeling. Much love to you Monya!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful baby grandson and what a beautiful post. I think of you often and we are praying for you. I hope you feel well enough to enjoy your family for Christmas. Merry Christmas (today already!). Please let us know if we can do anything for you or your family.

sara said...

B
e
a
u
t
i
f
u
l
.