Saturday, December 5, 2009

3rd and 4th day of Hair Loss


It's been a rough week of treatments, but Eric and I decided awhile ago, we would spend some time together and go away for a couple of days. I knew the ride down to our home in Mexico would be tough but I did it and I survived. Knowing that our grand baby is due next week, we decided this would be the best time for us to go and pay the bills, walk the beach or do nothing but spend it in the condo. I started out a little anxious about the whole idea, but knew if I had my own nurse on board (Tamy Schuern) we would get through it OK, and we did. I can't say it was adventurous, like we are so used to doing in Mexico, but I can say it was relaxing and I was able to deal with the hair loss away from my home. Tom and Eric went golfing and allowed me to chill in the condo, sleep, get sick or whatever I needed to do, and I had Tamy beside me if I needed her. I loved that when I needed my private time I could go in my room shut the door and do "my thing" cry, get sick, sleep, or whatever was absolutley needed for me to get through the day. This was good therapy for me, I am not dealing well with the hair loss, I feel a lump in my throat constantly. On the way home I layed on Tamy's lap while she rubbed my head and massaged my temples, it put me to sleep, although I was feeling really bad, I think she had handfuls of hair to add to our collection. It's never ending, the hair just continues to fall out.
I feel weak and vulnurable this week, much more than I did during my last treatment.
When Eric and I pray together it's more meaningful and loving than I remember, the Lord is watching over us and blessing us, but the fear is still with me.
3rd day of hair loss


4th day of hair loss

3 comments:

cupcake cc said...

You're on my mind everyday! I have prayed for you continually since I last saw you. Monya, you're a source of inspiration in so many ways and touch my heart whenever I read your blog and talk to you. I pray you will be strengthened through your hair loss. I feel it in some small way and wish there were something I could do. Since I met you many many years ago while getting our hair done I feel it even more I guess. Monya, I love you. Just remember I think your beautiful! Your friend, Colette

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and Eric could get away!!! Monya, it won't be long until you guys can resume your normal life and as you lie on the beach this will all just be a memory.
xoxo,
Jenster

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you post. We think of you every day and this is a way for us to feel a part of your life without bugging you every day.

Know that we love you and that our prayers are with you.
Love,
Shannon