Sunday, December 13, 2009

36 hours and no baby

Kayla was induced at 5:00 am Saturday December 12th, and now it is Sunday December 13th and still no baby. After spending most of the day with her yesterday, they gave her 4 rounds of gel which is 16 hours and she was still only dilated to a 1 and 1/2.
Finally about midnight last night they came in and started her IV with a round of pittosn, (not sure of the spelling) I cannot sleep, the hospital is only about a mile and a half from my house but everytime I go home I feel like I need to be at the hospital. At 6 o'clock this morning her doctor came in (who by the way delivered my babies) broke her water and ordered her to have an epidural, still only dilated to 2, (and I think they were being generous as not to discourage her) She took the epidural like a champ, I think she had heard so many bad things about how large the needle is that she was really nervous, but she did so good and after said "that wasn't bad at all" I told her "the length of the needle does not change the pain, it is the same pain no matter how long the needle is, and it's better than being in pain for the next few hours" little did I know the doctor came in and checked her around 10 am Sunday and that I should stay home and get some sleep, she will not deliver for another 10-12 hours. I took his advice, my breasts are throbbing and aching from my expansion on Wednesday and I have not taken any meds since Friday night, I am done with expansions I cannot handle this pain anymore, I will tell Doctor Kreymerman next week when I see him....I AM DONE.
I finally fell asleep around 12:30 and woke up panicked around 3:30, called Jeremy he said she is dialated to 3 now and still only 60% efaced. I just heard from Jeremy it is 6:00 and she is dialated to 5 finally, and 80% efaced. I am going to head back down to the hospital in an hour and stay for the duration, I hope she will have the baby before I need to leave for the Mayo at 8:00 am tomorrow, I have chemo at 9:00 am.
I feel so badly for Kayla the only reason Dr. Lepetich induced her was because she wanted me to be there for the birth and since I have chemo tomorrow I will be sick all week and could miss the delivery. I think when you induce a child when they are not ready to leave Heavenly Father it is harder on the mommy's body. Kayla has been so awesome during her labor, she is stronger than she thinks she is, and Jeremy is so sweet and soft with her, they are both going to be wonderful parents.

0 comments: