Monday, November 23, 2009

POPCORN


This morning I went to see Dr. PK (Peter Kreymerman) I am realizing what a special blessing my doctors are in my life. Every doctor I have been referred to has been a tender mercy in my life.
My neighbor Pam Jerome found out about my VILLAIN and emailed me about a friend of hers who lives in Indiana who recently found out about her VILLAIN, she asked if it would be OK for Sandi to contact me. We have been corresponding through email and when I told her about DR. PK she made an appointment at MAYO and flew out to see Dr. PK last week. I told Dr. PK today that I deserve some referral money from him, he agreed.... and said he would see what he can do. BTW, Sandi is scheduled for surgery in a couple of weeks ...... at the MAYO.....with Dr.PK....good luck to her she is in the best of hands.
I do love to see Doctor Pk we have a fun banter going every time I go, yet he is serious when I need him to be. I think I am ALMOST crossing a line of STALKER PATIENT He asked me today if my hair was a wig? "WHAT??? Are you kidding me right now?" was my reply. He just laughs at me, should I be worried? Do most doctors laugh with their patients? Not any that I've ever had...and notice I said laugh WITH
One of the things I love the most about MAYO is the POPCORN at the Phoenix campus. When I was in the hospital Eric had popcorn everyday. I introduced Tamy to the POPCORN...she loves it and so do I, its our treat after expansions with PK. We really loaded up today, I wanted to give Eric a treat when he got home so I brought some home to him. My life is full of wonderful tender mercies, is it ok that POPCORN from Mayo is one of them?

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Absolutely it is okay that popcorn is a tender mercy. I think all good things are and even sometimes bad things turn into tender mercies. I know taking care of Herbs mom is teaching me so much about all of His tender mercies, they are everywhere.

Kristi & Austin said...

OF course!!!! Eat as much of that popcorn as you want. Bubba came home this week and it made me think alot of Blake and you- I hope you have a good week with your family together for Thanksgiving! XO

Tracey said...

Those tender mercies seem to brighten a dark day, don't they?! I love your perspective. You are amazing and an example to many people around you. Thanks for your thoughts. They motivate me.

lorie said...

Monya,
I've just spent the day reading old posts from your blog and catching up on your life these past few months. First of all, please send me your phone number so I can call you! I can't find your number anywhere. Mine is 602-332-0806. Second, you are an amazing writer. I am so inspired by your journey and your determination. I can't wait till you are feeling better and we can run that marathon together. You are my hero Monya! Thank you for sharing your experiences in this blog. I love it. It puts life into perspective and it makes me realize what an truly great friend I have. Love you girlfriend,
Lorie