Sunday, November 15, 2009

Magical Reception





Thank You, Thank You is all I can say to all the people who graciously gave of their time to help out with Kaitlyn's wedding reception. I wanted this night to be perfect for Kaitlyn and Brian, I wanted Brian's family to come in to town and enjoy their time before, during and after their son's wedding. Eric and I love the Wright family, they are wonderful people who we will be life long friends with, (especially since we will be sharing grand kids someday) I have always told my girls that I hope they will marry someone as wonderful as their father, and so far Kayla has married Jeremy Roussell who we absolutely love, he brings joy and laughter not only to Kayla but to the rest of our family. Kaitlyn is now married to Brian Wright, he is equally as wonderful as Jeremy. He sees the good in people, he works hard and is totally in love with Kaitlyn. I am grateful to the Wrights for raising such a respectful and loving son, getting to know his parents I can see that he took so many traits and talents from both Dee Dee and Shane. (his parents) I spent so much time before my 1st surgery getting the wedding pulled together, there was not much to do until this last week and it was a great distraction for me, another one of those tender mercies the Lord placed in my life to bless me and help me to deal with what is happening in my life. Kaitlyn loved her reception, she wanted to have NO line and to be able to dance and eat some of the food, so when I saw they were being overwhelmed with people, I went and took them over to the food table and told them to sit down and eat, they did and they loved it. Next I wanted them to dance, and dance they did, they told me this morning it was the best "party of 2009" I am so happy they had a good time. One of my goals of last night was to not think about the VILLAIN, although there were a few people who asked about it, I tried really hard to divert the conversation, I was pleased with the distraction and I thought I did really well. I am grateful for the beautiful night we enjoyed, but it's kind of like Christmas, you work so hard for a magical day and it's over in an instant. Brian said over and over again that the backyard looked "magical" and he was right it was magical and we loved it and will have the memory of it for a long, long time.

7 comments:

The Whatcott Fam said...

What a gorgeous bride she is...it's hard to believe she is old enough to be married already!! The Wright family IS so wonderful...Brian's sister Aubree is a childhood friend of mine and I just love that family! Monya you are such an inspiration...I love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

She looked so pretty! Glad it went so well.

Kayla Roussel said...

i love you mama and you did a stunning job on the reception! You should be so proud, i know we are so proud of you and how strong you are and love you more than you know!!! Good luck today, im so glad that tammy is goign with you, she always seems to be able to crack you up. have fun with your snuggly or whatever the heck it is haha love youuu!!

tamy scheurn said...

i love love love you!

Colby and Samantha said...

Oh Im so sad I missed it, Kaitlyn looks gorgeous! and they look so in love! Miss you guys and Hope all is going good.

Kristin Walledom (337) 912-5909 said...

What an amazing night it was so picture perfect like a fairytale. We had so much fun dancing and celebrating with Kaitlyn, Brian, family and friends. It will be a night I will always remember with fondness. You were so stunning and beautiful Monya. I watch you with awe and hope I can be half the woman that you are. I love you and admire so many things but first and foremost your strength and ability to face the journey ahead of you. You are an inspiration.....

Nammie said...

I loved being a part of this evening!!! Everything looked and tasted and felt so good. Great job. . . .

Thanks - Norm