Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So I Cried A River

Today I drove for the 1st time in over a month. I felt like a teenager who just got her drivers license for the 1st time. I met some friends at Paradise Bakery for lunch and it was nice to talk to them and see their happy faces. I workout with Cherie and Manami and consider them to be incredible women. When I left them today I was sad that I could not go with them to the gym and get back on the bike to cycle for an hour, but grateful that I am alive and that I have cycling to look forward to.
I am still not able to be away from home for a long period of time, however I love what little time I am able get out and enjoy a "normal" bit of life, without the VILLAIN lingering around like an unwanted guest in my body. Today was a beautiful day, finally a little winter comes to Arizona, I think it was only 55 degrees when I went to lunch.
On my way home I stopped to get the mail. For me, there is nothing better than opening up the mailbox and seeing a letter addressed to Mami y Papi Williams from none other than my missionary son Elder Blake Williams. I could not get my car down the road and into the garage fast enough, I left everything in the car went in as fast as I possible could, crawled up on the sofa and read his letter like it was a romance novel. The 1st paragraph was in Spanish....but I'm sure it was all good, as I read on I began to tear up I was holding onto the tears until I realized "I'm home alone, I can cry as loud or quiet as I want" so I cried a river. He explains in the letter that he loves everything, he loves the CCM, the language is so easy for him he is the only one who could bless the sacrament in Spanish on Sunday, he loves the food, he loves the country and people, he loves to teach the gospel to random people on the street, and the best is that he WANTS to be obedient. I see all of these things, even the little ones, as Tender Mercies from the Lord.
The Lord is blessing him so much, my heart is so full and words cannot explain to anyone, not even my Heavenly Father how grateful I am. Just the mention of Blake's name makes me tear up, he is listening to the spirit and hopefully remembering the blessing he was given by President Greer when he was set apart, part of the blessing promised Blake his mom would be alive when he gets home, that he would be able to share with me the wonderful stories and experiences he will have. The next 2 years will bring such light and strength not only to my son, but also to our family as we watch him grow and turn into a man. Oh how I look forward to the day when he will hug me again and tell me the stories of his mission. I am sure I will look back at this time in our lives and fondly remember with a tender soft heart how much we were blessed, the Church is true and the Gospel brings such happiness to families, even families who have to endure hard trials. Those trials are what build our character, they are a test of our faith in the Lords plan for us, do we trust him? I am so happy for Blake that he has found a place where he can feel protected, a place that allows him to build his faith, he is a strong person, that strength comes from turning everything over to the Lord and trusting him that on the days when he cannot find a way to move forward, he will lift him and carry him. WOW today was a good day, and tomorrow I will get an email, how lucky am I?

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Every time i read your post... you make me cry. What a great blessing to have your missionary doing so well.

Wendi said...

Hey Monya, this is Wendi Sunderhaus!!! I finally found your blog and I want you to know you are in our prayers. I love prayers and the blessings that come from them. By the way, our son Jordan just got his mission call and he is going to the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission is that where Blake is at? I think that is amazing, their dads grew up together and now they will serve together. Bless your heart for looking to the positive, you are a great fighter and no doubt you will fight this as well. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. I mean that, I really do. And you can check out my blog if you want at wendishappyplace.blogspot.com
I am so happy for your great day with a letter from that wonderful son. I look forward to that same blessing in our home. We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I, too cry every time I read your blog Monya. Your entries are beautiful and sincere and touch me and soften my heart every time.You are kicking your "villian"'s behind more each day girl! What an example you are to all of your friends right now. You are teaching and reminding us of what matters most.Thank you for sharing your thoughts with those that love you and care so much. I love you Monya!! Jenster

Kristi & Austin said...

LOVE LOVE how you put that... As I am getting back to church you have no idea what these little posts mean... You have a testimony that most dont... and I am so grateful for that. YOu bring you to a place just where I need to be. I am so glad Blake is doing well. But did we expect anything less? NO!!! What a great example he is for so many! Love you all!!!! Kristi