Sunday, January 3, 2010

Getting Some Fresh Air

I have not blogged in a few days so I decided to get updated today. Part of the side effects of chemo is DEPRESSION, I have really been feeling down the past few weeks, not sure if it's the medicines, Christmas Season, children being away or the chemo, I finally found out from my oncologist it is a side effect and the best thing for me to do is get away from my house for a few days. As I have mentioned before Eric and I decided along time ago to take time once a month for ourselves, away from the worries of the world, away from the MAYO, away from the constant smell of the VILLAIN. We took a little trip Tuesday and Wednesday and just got away from it all. The obvious spot for us is to go to our condo in Mexico, its close and its free. The weather was beautiful in the 70's, Eric was able to golf with Tom Scheurn while Tamy and I decided to walk on the beach for as long a walk as I could, not only did I walk on the beach I took off my hat and walked, just me and my bald head. It was good therapy for me, and I got some vitamin D. I walked the path that I normally would run, I imagined myself taking off running, sweating, dodging a few sand traps, then when we hit the smooth sand I told Tamy "this is the best sand to run on". The next day when I took the walk by myself I was thinking about my life, a few tears fell from my eyes as I thought about the sand and the run, In the beginning of 2009 I was training for a 1/2 marathon, Kayla and Jeremy announced they were having a baby, Kaitlyn and Brian announced their engagement, and Blake got his mission call, everything was going smooth and we felt like nothing could get in the way of our success or strength as a family, then when we hit the VILLAIN sand trap everything changed, nothing was smooth anymore. WOW did I it a sand trap, one that is difficult to get out of. The thing is about taking journeys, usually you start a journey with excitement and anticipation looking forward to the new adventure, we get prepared by reading all we can about where it is we are going, we prepare with the proper clothing taking care of packing and schedules. On a spiritual journey it often begins the same way, anticipation and wonderment, we go forward with faith, hoping the Lord is going to teach us along the way. I continue to learn every step of this journey, I am finding out how far I can be stretched spiritually, physically and mentally.


1 comments:

Teri said...

Monya, you looked so pretty last night at the reception. If I looked as good as you did I would shave my head and wear a cute hat. One thing I have learned since our trial is something my Mom always says to me, "Teri, things will work out." I don't know how all this will end up, but I know, things will work out for you. love, you Teri