Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Where to Begin

Although this was a chemo week, Eric and I managed to get out of the house today, and tonight we spent the evening with my sister Sonya and wonderful brother in law Greg Watkins, it was quiet and fun, their son my nephew Justen and Courtney Watkins his darling wife , Kayla and Jeremy and of course the PRINCE Recker were all there, we had pizza,they played games and I got to sleep with Recker on my chest for a couple of hours. There is nothing better in the world then hearing your new born baby grandson breathing while sleeping on your chest. Katie Mills got tons of pictures I just wish I had them right now to post on my blog.
I've decided that 2010 is going to be a year to look forward to, 2009 was a year of discovery, finding out about the VILLAIN in my body was quite a discovery, one in which we are still dealing with and looks like we will be for the rest of this year, NO WORRIES.
The discovery of LOVE, my daughter Kaitlyn has always been the "I'm going to explore marriage can always wait" well she fell in LOVE with Brian Wright and got married In November, everything is good in the LOVE corner in Utah.
The discovery of a new baby joining our family was an amazing discovery, but even better when you get to hold him in your arms and have to pinch yourself to see if it's really real...we love Recker Roussel, he is a part of us now.
The best discovery of the year, was hearing my son stand in my living room and bear his testimony of the Gospel, to finally let us know how he feels about going on a mission. I will never forget the feeling of being surprised when he got his call without telling us he was sending it in. Now every Wednesday I look forward to the lifeline I have to him through the Internet, when those emails come always, no matter what without a doubt tears fall from my eyes as I hear the discoveries he is having in the Dominican Republic, no running water, no electricity and he is happy and loves what he is doing.
Will all these blessing that have come into our lives in 2009 how can we ask for anything else? The LORD has truly blessed us with so much already. So tonight as I ring in the new year with my husband we wonder "where do we begin, in 2010 " We are looking forward not back and remembering all who have blessed our lives with their comments, notes of encouragement, food, treats, gifts, books, smiles, testimonies, tears, flowers, candy, blankets, key chains, hugs, emails, Christmas lights, Christmas decorations being put up, I know I am missing some but I can never ever repay all those who have blessed our lives just by being our friends and being our constant encouragement. We love each and everyone of you and do not take you for granted.

3 comments:

Angie and Cory Brian said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR MONYA!

Kristi & Austin said...

Cheerrs to a happy new year of amazing things in 2010!

Kristin Walledom (337) 912-5909 said...

This is going to be a good year Monya for all of us!