Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Dr. Sal Lettieri

In December I had 2 surgeries with Dr. Lettieri. I was able to go back to work in January, but for some reason the area on my neck where the drain was inserted is not healing.  I'm tending to believe Dr. Barr's when he told me my body unfortunately does not heal as most other patients do.  I have bad gene's I think is what he said.

I'm still changing the bandages 3 times a day, the wound gets better then suddenly goes bad again.  I'm not going to let this stop me or slow me down. I'm still not giving up on Nerium, trying hard to be true to myself, reading from a good book everyday and sharing with others.

Insomnia is still a major side effect I'm dealing with.  The sleep doctor wants me to get up every morning at 4:30 am, this is the time I get up to go to American Airlines for work.  However, I only work three days a week....I've tried but not sure I can keep this regime as it is not helping me to sleep.
Dr. Northfelt once asked me "If there was one thing you could have back pre-cancer diagnosis what would it be?" my answer is always "I'd love to be able to sleep or even take a nap!"

My hip is slowly deteriorating, Dr. Lettieri has given me a name of a orthopedic surgeon who he thinks will help.  I can no longer keep getting cortisone shots, well I can, I just don't want to.  I need a permanent fix not a temporary bandage.  I'm hoping to do this without surgery, so I will go forth with this new doctor and see what he has to say.  If Dr. Lettieri knows him and recommends him, I'm in good hands.

Today I am grateful for options in medicine.

0 comments: