Monday, March 28, 2016

Surgery March 28th Dr, Letteiri

I had a hard time sleeping last nigh with only 3 hours before surgery I at least tried.  I'm not anxious about the surgery or Dr. Lettier. Again this morning  doctors and nurses all had positive things to say about him. One nurse said  "Oh My Gosh, I would not have any other trauma surgeon work on me. The anesthesiologist  and his assistant mentioned him as colorful.  I know he tries to come off as a hard butt, I've seen it with the residents when they make a mistake.  However, I know Dr.Lettieri and know he wants to teach these young up coming Doctors how to do procedures the right way, the first time.  He explained to a resident at Mayo if he had not known what I was going under sedation for or understand where I've been, my history, fears and anxiety this cute little resident could have cut off the wrong ear, or with other patients the wrong arm or leg.  Yes, he was a little rough with him but respectful in showing him the correct way.  At that very moment I knew he was the surgeon for me.

So he gifted Eric  and I with his present explained exactly what he was gong to do, then they talked real estate---blah blah blah. When he left for the surgery room Eric sat next me to and held my hand telling me how beautiful I was.  Seriously Nerium works, my skin has never looked or felt better.  Several nurses hearing him talk about my beauty were so interested and rushed over to our little pod.  He then told them how beautiful they were and how refreshing it was to work with such happy women and men today.  All three of them were shocked, it was as if no man had ever told them. Eric snapped a picture with me and them for my blog.

One nurse said when I walked in, there was aura around me, she could feel my energy was one of happiness.  This made me smile without hesitation, she was seeing past my own insecurities. She then asked me to go remove my make-up...very proudly I announced "I don't have any on" she quickly grabbed by chart and sighed..."you are 53 year old?" me "yep and proud of it" her " I want to try it, and even sell it if I can." me "Of course you can, here take this Success magazine and I will get you a sample just as soon as I can get your phone # and email address. (email sent before I entered surgery).

She then asked me about my journey with Nerium, I told her the truth, my life, just like everyone else is full of trials, most we cannot see.  I joined Nerium 2 month before the facial paralysis.  I told her it was an inspired intervention, I've now had 10 surgeries with Dr. Lettieri and 31 total in the past 6 year
at Mayo Clinic with some pretty special surgeons.  I have never slowed down sharing everyday, magazine, bottles, videos, 3 way calls, etc....10 core all the way. The most important things she loved about Nerium was the Happiness Movement and the Night Cream.  I wish the person who told me "If I spent more time on Nerium than I did on #happyacts for the #marchtohappiness I would be making a lot more money, would have heard this conversation. Nerium graciously allows us to do all of them at once. I do, I am always prepared with Live Happy Magazine, pass a along card and stickers--but those always when appropriate come with "Have you heard the buzz about this amazing Anti-Again named Nerium"  I always do at least one #happact a day and feel uncomfortable sharing those on social media, I've always been taught acts of kindness should be done in quiet with a reverent heart.  But since it was the challenge  for March 20 being the international Day of Happiness--they asked us all to do an act a day and post it util March 31st.  Surround yourself with like minded people, I happen to enjoy sharing Nerium and sharing a cookie or two,

This reminded me of a story told in Church yesterday by a bishop who visits the men in Prison. This young man we will call him John made some mistakes as teenager, drinking, drugs etc, but was finally able to reconcile with God and be forgiven. He moved from where he lived to get a fresh start his brother and wife invited him to live with them in their barn until he could get a job. He did and was grateful to them. His brother's oldest daughter told them that John had sexually abused her. This went to trial, but during the trial the little girl told her mother she lied, that it never happened. Johns brother and wife never told anyone, and John was sentenced to 65 years in Prison at age 22. He begged and pleaded with family to help, all of them including mom and dad, brothers and sisters wrote to him and encouraged him to forgive. He's never heard back from his brother or sister in law. It took John 10 years in Prison to finally come to a place of forgiveness and allow the spirit to help him survive. Last month when the Bishop visiting him, he asked the Bishop to lay his hands on his head and give him a blessing, but in this blessing he wanted the Bishopr to ask the Lord to forgive his niece, brother and sister so that they could get on with their lives. I entered the County Hospital this morning for my #31 surgery, as my husband and I walked, in front of us was a young boy probably in his 20'a coming from the prison. with guards and shackles on his arms, hand and feet. Tears rolled down my face, looking at Eric (my husband) he immediately thought I was anxious or scared about my surgery, I then smiled at the young boy, said "hello, have a good day" and my husband said "don't talk to them" My tears were both for all of us who immediately judge, it's a natural reaction, and for this young boy whether guilty or not, we are not his judge our mission it always to cheer up the weak and show compassion for the wounded. What if that were your child?

0 comments: