Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Life Moves Fast

I finally finished the quilt I was making for Dr. Kreymerman's new baby boy Madden.  PK and his wife Rakhi are really special people, the kind of people I am proud to call my friends.

I have only made 4 quilts in my life, Recker,  one for Haleigh last year, one for Dr. Kreymerman's daughter when she was born and now for Madden Kreymerman.  As I  put the finishing touches on it tonight, I could see so many mistakes and imperfections throughout it,  just like my life--this was quilted together with the hope that it would comfort and bring warmth and love to someone I love.  Every hand made stitch on this quilt is a representation of the eternal love I will forever have for this family.

The past few months have been stressful in the Williams home, well I should say in my life.  One thing has led to another and now I am in another sleepless night of worry.... more about that in the end.

2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Graves Disease, this is an autoimmune disease, discovered in my Thyroid going from hypo to hyper--
One week ago I went to Mayo Clinic for an MRI, CT and PT scan of my neck and head, because I have been having some trouble with my right ear and terrible migraines., the ENT took a look and automatically sent me in for an MRI--Friday Eric, Brian and Kaitlyn decided to drive to Mexico for the weekend, on our way I received 2 phone calls both from Mayo Clinic, the 1st one advising me of some spots they found on my brain, the 2nd call making an appointment for me to see the neurology department, tomorrow I will be go for my 1st visit.  Thursday I will also be going back to Mayo for more testing--the results from my hip bone came back inconclusive--not sure what that means, I will be meeting with my oncologist to get more testing done.
Needless to say, I am a little overwhelmed right now with worry.  I saw a dear friend of mine today and she asked me why I have not been posting much my immediate response was I don't have anything to say ...life is going forward and I have been so happy, trying to get back in the groove of things, I have a new daughter in law, my son is the happiest I have seen him in a very long time, Kaitlyn and Brian moved out and Kayla and Jeremy announced they are having another baby in February.  I am an empty nester--and while Eric thinks it's great I miss my children, I depend on their love and strength even when they tease me as much as they do I love them unconditionally.  Having a clean house does not make up for the noise and love I feel when they are all here.

0 comments: