Monday, October 24, 2011

Neuropathy🚩

Just when I thought I was done with  neuropathy.... surprise it's back.  My legs feel like the nerves have been exposed to the air again, the pain is sometimes excruciating.  I am learning that a small percentage of people who get neuropathy from the effects of chemo have to deal with it off and on for life--yes, I am one of those people--no big deal I can handle it--
What IS difficult for me to handle is when I talk to women who have stage 1 or 2 breast cancer and now they have recurrence--today when I was at work one of my friends who I have not seen for awhile came over to talk to me, she was wearing a pink beanie to cover her bald head--she went through a double mastectomy a year and a half before I did, (stage 2) now it has metastasized to her lungs--she showed me the xrays --I can not stop thinking about her today.  Cancer really is this ugly VILLAIN, it invades lives, and just when you think you've turned a corner looking to a bright future BOOM it's back to haunt and taunt you, whether a recurrence or side effects it never goes away.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worthwhile news.Blessed me I found your site by mistake, as a consequence I am surprised howcome this situation didn't happen at an earlier time! I saved it

As a final note , give permission me thank you for your patience with my English as (I am confident you have figured this at this time ,), English is not my initial language consequently I am utilizing Google Translate to shape out how to compose what I truly have in mind to voice.