Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Good News

When I get labs taken I usually have to wait at MAYO for over an hour and a half to get the results to my doctor before my appointment, when that happens the last couple of times I like to journal about what I see and how I am feeling. I just purchased a salad and waterbottle, I pulled out my debit card and for some reason it was declined twice, the little old man working at the MAYO register looked at me and said "no problem, just take your food, I don't like to see people go without food" at this point I'm thinking "is he serious?" then he said it again I thanked him and off I went to my usual seat in the corner where I can see the clock and watch everyone who comes in and out. I'm really restless and nervous today about not only the lab results, but also about my life. Today when I entered the MAYO building the smell of sickness hit me when I stepped off the elevator onto the chemo floor, I can still smell it hear in the lunch room too. It makes my stomach turn, seriously?, I think, what am I doing here? I drink my water but throw away the salad, it was not as good as I thought it would be. (what was I expecting from a cafeteria)Everyone is this room is 70 or more years old, with the exception of one guy who is sitting close to me, his entire face is red, when he turns to look at me he has a huge and I mean huge (the entire right side of his face)
tumor on his face, he is probably in his 20's, he is alone, where is his mother?
I thought to myself "I wonder if he looks at me and thinks, "boy I'm glad I have all my hair?" because when I looked at him I thought "geez, I'm grateful I don't have to deal with that" My thoughts go to my own son who is serving a mission in the DR, he is about this boys age. Oh how I miss him, I am looking forward to Mothers Day when I can hear his voice. I'm sure being away from his family right now has been really hard on him, every email I get he says he prays for me all day long, and today I am wanting to cash in on all the prayers that have gone out for me.
Now I am staring at the clock it moves so slow, 20 more minutes until I check in to see the oncologist. Sometimes I feel like my life is in slow motion, I have always lived in a fast motion, with something to do or someone to take care of everyday.
When I am in public I look around at all people who are healthy and wonder if I remember what it feels like to NOT be sick, I'm jealous. Time to check in.
The nurse called my name and I went with her, 1st blood pressure PERFECT, 2nd weigh in I lost 8 pounds (good) 3rd waiting again in the room for the oncologis, it's freezing in here the nurse brings me a warmed blanket. The doctor comes in with a big smile:
dr: "your labs came back NORMAL"
me: "what does that mean"
dr: "it means something you are doing is working, I had a whole new regimine lined up for you to start this week, I have never seen anyone go from the lowest white blood counts and platlets to normal that quickly, we are very pleased"I left her office knowing exactly "what I was doing" relying on prayers and fasting, it works! The 1st phone call I made was to Eric, we both cried happy tears.
My sister Sonya told me earlier today that her family was fasting and praying today for me. The faith of so many people is a powerful thing, I know I have a long road still but today I am celebrating good news. Eric came home from work picked me up and we ate a salad at WILDFLOWER BREAD CO. I think it was perfect, expecially since MAYO does not know how to make a salad.
Oh yeah, and today was email day, Blake is doing incredible, six months yesterday,what a good day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just knew it!!!!!! Oh my goodness!! I'm so so so happy for my Moaners! This last year I have gained such a testimony of fasting~ yay! I am over-joyed! Did you get my msg today?
I loooooooooooooove you.

Jenster

Angela Brian said...

I am soooo excited for you! What happy news to hear after being so worried. I can't wait to find out what good news comes next!

LOvE you!

Wendi said...

Congratulations. That is amazingly great news. You are such a faithful person and I admire that in you. Wow, wow, and more wow. Yeah Yeah and more Yeah. Oh yeah and congrats on 6 months down he is 1/4 of the way done that is so great. Jordan leaves the CCM next Wednesday for the field. I am so excited for him, yet so nervous as to the conditions he will be in, but I too know that the Lord knows all of us and He WILL be there for us all we have to do is ask. Keep asking girl. Love you guys.

Nichole Barney said...

What great news! I am so glad! I truly have a testimony of fasting and prayer as well. What would we do without it?

Michelle said...

Hurray! I love reading the caption "Good news"! I am so happy for you and do know too what you are doing right:).

Marilyn said...

Tears are running down my face!

Finally....really good news!

Love you...and give my Eric a big hug from me too....

mm

Cherie said...

What a wonderful day that must have been for you. I have been wondering how you were feeling so I decided to get on your blog and I got warm fuzzies while reading your post. I love you so. Cherie