Sunday, September 13, 2009

God Loves Broken Things

My heart is full, today was Blakes farewell. I wondered as I listened to him speak about the restoration if he really understands the impact that he can have on others lives as he serves the Lord with all his heart. The Testimony of Joseph Smith will be one of the 1st conversions each missionary receives, for without believing in Joseph Smith and the work he did a person cannot go forward with any other beliefs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He truly was a servant of the Lord and I have testimony of the work he did and Praise him as the man who restored the Church, his prayers were answered and they changed the world, he was faithful to the end, he sealed his testimony with his life. Now because of that blessed mighty servant the gospel is spread throughtout the world, He was a Prophet and Seer, this I know is true. Joseph Smith served the Lord until his last breath.
I wonder if any of us knew how much time we had left to serve the Lord what would we do? Do we live it all with no regrets? I think for those who are dedicated to the Lord and want to live with him again someday that we love until our final breath, we do our best to share and serve others with all our hearts. We constantly find ways to make today better than yesterday. Even when there is so much pain that seems to last, but I feel like if I can give it to the Lord and not Look back, will I have learned something from it. What will the Lord say when my time has come, will he take me in his arms and say "well done?" for every missionary who serves faithfully for 2 years with no regrets I believe he will take them in his arms and say "well done though good and faithfull servant, you have served me well"
I have seen miracles happen in my family, with broken hearts set free, I believe, at least in my family that God loves broken things. Today as I watch my son and know the walls he has climbed and the sacrifices he has made to be worthy to stand and bare testimony, I thank you Heavenly Father for hearing my prayers, for answering Blakes prayers when he begged and pleaded for help. Yes I believe in miracles and I certainly believe God loves broken things.

3 comments:

Kiersten Hart said...

aww little blakers left today! :( I'm so proud of him!!!

Miss you guys! xo

Flake Family said...

He did so good! You are an amazing family!

Linda Bennett said...

I'm so glad this day came for your family. I know how hard you've prayed for him to have a desire and be able to serve a mission. Its one of the hardest things to do ~ send a child off for 2 years. But there isn't much that brings you such joy as when you have a child that is not only willing to serve~ but is worthy to serve. He'll be a great missionary. And I hope he'll love the Dominican people as much as my Tyler did. We picked him up after his mission and met some wonderful people there.