Monday, June 24, 2013

Aunt Nana Passes Away


Until we meet again--I love You Aunt Nana
Friday night June 21st 5 pm--I was lying in a hospital bed waiting for a Doctor to visit with Eric and I.  Earlier in the day, I had lost feeling in my right side, slurred speech , numb tongue and roof of my mouth, and all food tasted like metal--I had a sudden migraine, dis-0rientation, confusion and sudden loss of some memory of the day, with all that being said Eric had me rushed to my PCP, who then told Blake to get me to the nearest hospital.
I received a phone call from my sister Sonya who was at girls camp, she told me my Aunt Nana, who has been struggling with double lung cancer was very incoherent and would probably not make it through the night--she passed away yesterday around 6 pm with her family surrounding her.
Aunt Nana was not just any Aunt, she was one of the most compassionate people I have ever met.  She was the sister of Colby my birth father, she was faithful to the gospel, served a mission for her church and gave countless hours of service not only to her family and loved ones but to everyone she met.
When I was a child she and uncle Darrell lived in Glendale and they would often come to pick up my sisters and I to "play" I remember being at her house a lot, she drove a VW Wagon, she sang "Lean On Me" and knew every word---through the years I learned so much about endurance, compassion and forgiveness from her, she truly was an Angel hear on earth and loved by so many.  She did silly things that made us laugh, life seemed so good when Nana was around.  Now I know Heaven is a better place because she is there--I need to step it up if I want to live with her forever, and I do.  Her example of the true love of Christ will forever be embedded in my heart.
I will truly miss her, my heart aches for this loss in our family, she was the oldest of all the children, and I know was greeted by her parents, my grandmother and grandfather who passed away with a stroke when I was child.  She, Colby, another sister Nadine, grandma and grandpa all reunited now ready to start the next part of the journey--this life here on earth is but a wink of an eye, I hope to be just a smidge of an example to others as Nana was to me.  Oh how I will miss her, she called me often while I was going through my chemo and radiation, I loved hearing her voice, she kept me connected to the Belshe family and I will forever be grateful to her for that.

1 comments:

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

I am so sorry for your loss. The gospel brings such peace in knowing that we will meet again. How are you? Do you have your right side back in use?