Friday, August 21, 2009

Refuge in Rainbows



My daughter Haleigh and I went to Hawaii for a week about a month ago. One day we were driving back from a day at the North Shore and when we came over this hill, there was the most beautiful Rainbow I had ever seen, I mean it was breath taking. I had never seen a full Rainbow before. I could not get over the astonishing colors, it looked like we were so close to it that we could just drive up to it. The Rainbows beginning was a little hazy and seemed to linger over the homes of the people living on the hill, as the Rainbow continued over to the end, the colors were vivid, and the end was precise and clear. I told Haleigh when you can see the whole Rainbow and the end is in sight that it is good luck, I told her to take it in and enjoy every minute of it because they do not come along very often, in all my 46 years this was the 1st one I had ever seen like it. She was laughing at me and even called her dad to tell him how excited I was to see this Rainbow, and I was a little weird I admit I just could not get over the beauty of it.
I find myself thinking about that Rainbow a lot as I face this new trial of mine called "cancer" It hit me last night as I was trying to sleep, the Lord gave me that Rainbow, on that day, knowing it would give me comfort. I believe like all trials that everyone faces, the beginning is a little hazy and lingers over and around my home like a nasty habit, but it is the end that I am interested in, it will be precise and clear because in the end of this trial I will then know what the Lord wanted me to learn from all of this. I am grateful for that moment I shared with my daughter, now maybe she will understand the signifigance of that wonderful moment I will never forget as long as I live.

2 comments:

ocrum said...

Oh, my goodness Monya... what a beautiful post and analogy. I've never seen a complete rainbow either-- guess I need to go to Hawaii!! I am always so grateful when I can recognize the hand of the Lord, even when it is the preparation for what is to come. Thank you for sharing this experience; I will look at rainbows differently now.
Shawna

Tracey said...

Wow Monya! I love that analogy of the rainbow - it gave me chills all thru out my body. Your faith is amazing and you are a great example to others. Keep up the great attitude.