Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Significant Hair Loss

OK so I have had many people ask me about hair loss these are the questions and the answers, but the answers may not be the same for every VILLAIN patient, these are only what I have experienced.
1. Q: how long after chemo does it take for the hair to start falling out
A: I was told my my doctor after about 10 days I should start seeing it fall out, up to 3 weeks
2. Q: does All the hair on your body fall out:
A: Well for me I am not a hairy person I only shave my legs and underarms about once a month, I have not seen any hair loss in those areas yet but not sure if I would even notice...the pubic area falls out first and Like I said I am not hairy, but lets just say if I was a person who actively was getting Brazilian waxes, it would not longer be needed TMI for you? sorry...I always warn people this is for my journaling and stress relief sorry if I offend. Those hairy guys on the beach offend me....you know the ones with hair from the front to their back? They need to WAX
3. Q: when does it grow back? and will it grow back the same as before chemo?
A:for some people it will start to grow back even before chemo
treatments are done, (more than likely not)but since I am not there yet it is hard to answer that question. Everyone is different so all I know is what I have been told about it growing back, it could come back a different color, thicker, curlier or the same.....it's all a mystery, maybe something to look forward to huh?
I am blogging about my hair loss from day one until it is all gone, I know to some people this is strange, but yesterday was my 1st day of significant hair loss and I saved it all, well as much as I could in a baggie. I want to look back and remember appreciate and love what I have for the rest of my life. In the beginning of the day when I and Tamy were driving to MAYO I ran my fingers through my hair and about 10-15pieces came out, by the time we were on our way home 20-30 and by that night handfuls were falling out. I decided to take a hot bath and get all my crying out, so I did I sobbed hoping no-one in the house would here me. (good chance of that since only Eric and Haleigh are home) So basically I have gone through all the emotions crying, sobbing, angry, mad, sad and now just annoyed by the hair, I walk around everyday now with a baggie scooping it all into the bag so I can record it at the end of the day. I am having a hard time uploading the 1st day so its starting today the 2nd day.
backside of the head 2nd day
top side of the head 2nd day
2nd day
2nd day of hair loss

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Monya ~ again I think you are amazing and so appreciate your honesty!

Anonymous said...

This blog is so therapeutic for you. I so love your complete honesty and humbleness. You strengthen others every day. Thank you my dear friend.

Jenster

Kayla Roussel said...

I love your blogs and completely honesty, if people get offended then they need to GET REAL!! i LOOOVED that you posted this, especially about the brazillian waxing haha i looooove you you are seriously the best mom any girl could ask for. Thank you for everything, i had fun with you today. Hope youre having a blast (well as much fun as you can while youre sick) in mexico with TS & TS. LOOOOVE YOU!!

p.s. the ambien worked for like 4 hours, hence me up and awake at 12:45 am....check your email im going to send you something.

I LOOOOVE YOUUU!

Kristin Walledom (337) 912-5909 said...

Okay so I loved reading about what is going on as I know you are in Mexico with Tamy and I am so envious! I have been praying and thinking about you all week. I am going to Natchitoches tomorrow and will wish you could be there with me. One day Tamy must come and all of us girls have a Light Festival Memory together. Love you...

lorie said...

Monya,
Really, this is such a good blog. I am so interested in everything you are posting about. I never knew that about the "hair everywhere" loss. It's just something people don't talk about, and I am so glad you do. Thanks, girlfriend. You are my inspiration! Keep it up!