Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lymphedema

As most of you know I use this blog as a journal, and I forgot something from the other day when I went to see the Oncologist, (well Margot the PA) I hope I get to see Dr Northfelt soon, I am not fond of Margot, she needs to work on her bedside manners! From what I understand my white blood counts were really high which is due to the Neulasta shot I am receiving on the day after Chemo Treatments, this is good except it intensifies my bone and joint pain more. Another bit of information I received was that I now have Lymphedema in my right arm and will have to wear a compression sleeve, I was really hoping this would not happen, I think the sleeve will be so hot in the summer months. Interesting also since I was just talking to a friend of mine Colette Cole who also suffers from Lymphedema in her leg, we had quite a conversation about it and the next week I find out I have it. Oh well I will deal with it and it could be worse.

2 comments:

Kristin Walledom (337) 912-5909 said...

Monya I was so hoping and praying you wouldn't have to deal with this but if ANYONE can deal with this it is YOU! I admire your strength more and more everyday. I love you so much and miss you...

cupcake cc said...

Monya..I've been so busy with everything this month...I'm just catching up on your blog! I've been reading for a hour now!~ My eyes are swollen. And as I read...I feel like your sitting in front of me talking to just me!!! Wow! If you even knew how much your blog touches my heart! I'm sorry about the Lymphedema diagnoses! Thank you for your testimony and your example of courage! For your testimony on the power of prayer! You're my hero baby! I love you Lady! Keep the positive thoughts! Your new grandbaby is BEAUTIFUL! Love his name! I hope to see you soon! With love, Colette