Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Attitude is Everything

Tonight I was busy getting a package ready to send off tomorrow to my missionary son Blake. Because of the chemo being so often I only have a couple of days to shop and get things done, today I was gone from 11:30 am until 10:00 pm, that is a super long day for me. When I took off my head wrap my head was aching. The loss of hair is weird, it makes your head hurt, Eric rubs it for me and it seems to help.
I noticed by my front door was an envelope that had my name on it. I opened it and this is what it was.....a poem from another VILLAIN survivor, it made me actually laugh outloud.

ATTITUDE

There once was a woman who
woke up one morning, looked in
the mirror, and noticed she had
only three hairs on her head.
"Well", she said "I think I'll
braid my hair today."
So she did.
And she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked
in the mirror, and saw that she
had only two hairs on her head.
"Hmm" she said "I think I'll part
my hair down the middle today."
So she did
and she had a Grand Day.

The next day she woke up, looked
in the mirror, and noticed that
she had only one hair on her head,
"Well" she said "Today I'm
going to wear my hair
in a pony tail."
And so she did
And she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up
looked in the mirror, and
noticed that there wasn't a
single hair on her head.
"Yeah" she exclaimed
"I don't have to fix my hair today"

Ok do you love it? This is my life, and the life of every VILLAIN patient I have met. I have said it before and I will hold to it and say it again, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING... every doctor I see tells me there are woman who have a lower stage VILLAIN than I do who die because they give up, I will not give up, this is a battle, not fun, not short, not glorious but a war I will fight and win, because I have the Lord on my side and I know I can do it. Thank you Vicki for taking the time to bring this to my home and give me some comic relief on a night when I needed it.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Your awesome. I needed that insight this morning. Thank you xoxo

Anonymous said...

I needed it too as I just got the very last of my stuff out of my other house and people were swarming around trying to get in. I felt so intruded on. So violated. Someone even kicked the side door in. Vultures! I drove off looking in my rear view mirror at all the people wanting to steal my home, laughing. I smiled and waived at all of them. When I wanted to cry so hard, I decided to laugh. Attitude is everything. I'm so happy that you know this my dear Monya. Keep kickin your villian's butt! heehee. Proud of you. Love you.
Jenster

Janel said...

You definitely have a GREAT attitude -- which will take you all the way!!
Thanks for the help!
xoxo

Cyndy said...

Oh my gosh.... I don't usually Laugh Out Loud at things I read, but this struck me as VERY funny! I could barely get thru it when I read it to Mark... :) You are an inspiration to us all. We are praying for you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.