Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Perfect Day

Have you ever had someone ask you to think about or go to your happy place? I have, and I'm always scrambling in my mind to imagine what that would be. Most people would think of the day they got married, but for some that day was full of anxiety, or some might think of the day their child was born, for me that day was painful .... literally. Tamy tries to calm me down when I get anxiety by having me think of shopping or food, that usually works, but today I found my happy place, this was by far my perfect day, I loved it more than I can describe. No anxiety, no pain and no thoughts of the VILLAIN.
To describe my perfect day .... we took a bus to a Castle and walked around, then we got a baguette, I didn't want to share so I got my own. We then took the bus to the countryside and wooded areas around the Castles. We rented bikes and rode, I loved it, every second of it. 1st off it was a 1st for Eric, he has never riden bikes in France and today he did it with me, in the country. It was a 1st for both of us and I enjoy 1st's together. The woods had endless trails of greenery, the trees covered the trails this was like something out of a movie. It was the most romantic, beautiful place I have ever been. We saw people, endless amounts of people holding hands and kissing, enjoying the beauty of the earth. All along the paths were wild berries growing, I saw children with berry stained faces and shirts laughing and picking berries with what looked like their grandmother. Eric and I stopped to pick berries too. We could of not custom ordered a better day, the weather was sun shine on our faces and the breeze on our backs as we strolled along. The only other place I have ever felt this much peach and sirinity in nature was at the Sacred Grove.
Yep, this is my happy place and when I go in for surgery in October this is where I will be in my dreams.
Ok so now for some funny stuff, we were riding along and came upon this wide open field of wild flowers, sounds like heaven huh? Well obviously Heaven is different for different people, Eric was just ahead of me when I saw him do a double take then run into the curb and almost face plant it. Then I realized what he was double taking about, the ladies who were lying in the fields did not have tops on .... he was so embarrassed and could not get out of there fast enough, I on the other hand had to go back and make sure I took a picture for my unique person of the day. When I finally caught up to Eric I asked him what happened, he said nothing I just lost my balance ..... yeah right you lost your balance... it was pretty funny to see your husband in that situation and him not know you saw the whole thing. I have to say he acted like I expected though, just like a gentleman.
Favorite sound today in Paris: still the sirens of the cop cars
worst sound: a man getting mad at his wife for lifting up a bottle of water at the dinner table

Favorite smell: Italian Food
Worst smell: cigar smoke

Favorite sight: two friends meeting for lunch giving the standard kiss on each cheek, I love that
Worst sight: a man who almost got hit by a bus, scared me to death

Unique people of the day.... my guy sitting in a field of nothing, with nothing on
to be honest Eric should of won this one, his guy refused to let us take a photo but he was extremely unique, black and white stripped tights, (very tight) his hair was spiked every inch of it and he had peircing everywhere... but a rules a rule no picture
this is the other guy he could get a picture of ... you decide who wins



One of the Castle/Prisons were we visited






Kaitlyn this picture is for you ......"which way to the hotel?"


Eric relaxing with a bar of chocolate, some fruit and a baguette under a huge tree..... he looks so relaxed and happy


The berries were growing wild every where you looked, we stopped to pick some they were sweet, it reminded me of picking blackberries at Aunties with my children when they were little.















After our bike ride we sat and ate an Ice Cream Cone and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and weather.



This is one of the dancers who entertained us outside the St. Michel


St. Michel


In this museum they do not allow pictures to be taken, so I wrote down some of the artists/impressionists work that we were able to see. Edgar Degas did some extraordinary pastels in the 19th century
Eduardo Manet, he had a lot of paintings of women but I thought the women in every painting looked the same, and most of them kinda had a mustage... I don't know if it was his wife or if all the women looked like that in his mind...
Pierre Auguste Kumoir
Vincent Van Gogh
Gustave Courbet
Paul C'ezanne
Claud Monet, I loved most of his art it was easy on the eyes and would look lovely in most any setting
Jean Be'raud had amazing details in all his paintings, I had to look closely because some of them even looked like a photo
James Tissot
Paul Gauguin
my favorite sculpture was of a petite dancer, by Edgar Degas I loved it. Seriously though, by the time we walked through the entire museum I told Eric "I'm done with all this artsy, smartsy stuff, lets eat"


Vincent Van Gogh is not my favorite artists, in fact I told Eric when we were walking through the museum I'm not sure what qualified him to be one of the greats, I think my grandson Recker could do a better job on some of the paintings I saw.... just sayin' that's my opion..... Eric made me take this picture with the larger than life poster of him.


It took me awhile but I finally found a BonBon sign.


Eating dinner in a little cafe on one of the side streets, we ate Italian food, really really good food. The couple sitting next to us offered to take our picture, the were visiting from Holland.


1 comments:

Nammie said...

Thanks so much for your thoughts and photos on this trip. I have loved following each day. Best to both of you and may the memories fuel the fire and burn brightly for a long, long time!!

Norm