Monday, August 30, 2010

I L♥VE my Life

I was kinda forced to go back to work. The day after we arrived home from Paris, I went back to work at US AIRWAYS. I am exhausted from the mental stimulation. The 1st day back I had a panic attack on my way to the office, I had to pull over and breath, oh how I wished Tamy would of been with me she always knows how to help. I had to quickly go to my "happy place" remember bicycling with Frenchie in the hills of France, it made me smile and got me through the night. I definitely have CHEMO BRAIN, which I have been told is very common with patients, I have lost a lot of short term memory and eyesight. Trying to remember all that I have been trained to do over and over again for the past 6 years is not coming easy for me. Luckily US AIRWAYS is kind enough to put me through some training before getting me back on the phones with people. I worry about only working for a few weeks before I will take another medical leave when I have surgery, but I have been reassured by US AIRWAYS that they will train me again if needed when I return.
One of the things I have noticed about being back in the WORLD is how negative people can be, I don't think they even realize it. I am so grateful for my job, never before would I have said that. I have a different perspective now. When I think about where my life was a year ago and that I am alive and can go to work, it makes me happy. I get to be with Recker all day then go for a few hours to work at night a couple days a week. I love my life !!!

3 comments:

Angela Brian said...

i am sorry you had a panic attack.
i hate those.
call kayla, she has great advice.
she sure helped calm me down.

:) i am also really glad that your happy place now has memories of paris!

miss you guys.

tamy scheurn said...

I am so happy my Bon Bon is home safe!!! I think if you did not have panic attacks you would not be normal! What a great place to think about when you start thinging about stress! THE HILLS OF FRANCE on a bike and... with FRENCHIE!!!! I love my Bon Bon and Frenchie!!!

Marilyn said...

Work is pleasure...people don't realize it until their health makes them unable to work....It is a blessing. Fake it 'til you make it Monya....and soon you won't be faking it any more....you'll be back in the swing of things. I sure appreciate USAir's support!!!....I will be flying with them to see Katie next week...it will only be for a day and half..Steve's sister and I will be going over for a short visit....but it will be worth it! USAir flies right into San Luis Obispo....25 min. from Katie's door.....YIPEE!!!!! and flies out of Flagstaff!!! YIPEE AGAIN!

I am glad you can go to your happy place....you and Eric made so many happy memories...the first in a series of many more...what a blessing...love you, mm