Sunday, August 22, 2010

Catacombs, Castles and Crepes

Favorite smell today: McDonald's hamburger and I don't even like McDonalds
least favorite smell today: BO, from the dancers in the street

Favorite sight: all the families together in the Park
Least Favorite sight: ..... ok don't freak out.... a child around the age of 4 pooping on the train while his parents helped him, then cleaned it up. I mean he pulled his pants down squatted and pooped, then they wiped it up with a napkin. It's going to take a long time to get that image out of my mind.

Favorite taste: Tomato and Mozzarella Panini
least favorite taste: Frenchie had a chocolate baguette, not so good to me

My pick for unique person of the day, I'm not sure who she thinks she is, but she was signing this bench with PINK lipstick


Eric's unique person of the day, her shoes, hair and skirt all match


At the entrance of the Catacombes there is a sign that says if you have a heart condition or anxiety this may be disturbing to you. I read that and thought to myself "I can handle this, what a few bones?" 1st we walked for about 2 miles underground, beneath the city of Paris before we even got to the bones. It was cold and eerie down there, the bones are from the 1500's when they decided to move all the dead bodies to a tomb underground, I told Eric come to think of it I have not seen one cemetary since we have been here.... this was really disturbing, but I just kept making jokes while we were in there so I could get through it.... I started singing ♬ them bones, them bones ♬ then I told Eric that some of them resembled some of my relatives ha ha, it was really freaky down there.












Luxemburg Castle and beautiful gardens. We tried to find a church to go to today, something I really wanted to do, but we had no luck. In Paris on Sunday's grocery stores are closed, department stores are closed, the only thing open are restaurants. Frenchie and I loved walking through the parks and seeing all the families spending time together.




More Doors, I need to learn from someone how to turn them




Inside the beautiful Panthenon




Looking out at the very top of the Pathenon, Frenchie thought is would be fun to latch on to this tour group who was going to the top....not such a great idea, it was boring and long and hot.



Frenchie and I had lunch in the park, paninis and I even drank a coke... I know girls don't faint .... I can drink something other than water



The making of a fantastic crepe... my choice for today... nutella, banana and coconut... manifique my favorite so far




NO we did not eat here, however we did get big cups of crunchy ice, this is the only place we could find that had ice


Love this old car, Frenchie said when he was on his mission here in France....100 years ago this is what they drove. They are called Deux Cheauveau


I have fallen in love with all the old doors here in Paris




Frenchie asked me today if his pants look european....I said "yeah it looks like your wearing man capris" I'm not sure if that was the look he was going for or not... who cares? I love Frenchie and the fact that he has never cared about what's the newest fashion, he just wears what he likes



This is the elevator in our hotel it's the smallest one i have ever seen in my life, I usually take the stairs
and the 2nd picture is of our room at the Hotel, this is considered a BIG room, and that is the bed where I sit and blog every night



Dinner for two, very romantic .... well when is it not romantic with Frenchie?


Warm crusty bread with butter


Appetizers: For Frenchie snails..... disgusting....but he loved it
for Me: French Onion soup .... yummy



Main Dish: For Frenchie Veal with french fries
For me: roasted chicken with herbs and french fries...I didn't eat them Frenchie did



Desserts: Frenchie had crepe with nutella, whip cream and vanilla ice cream
I had Creme Brulee' .... so french and so my favorite dessert ever



2 comments:

Angela Brian said...

SNAILS. SKULLS. & SUBWAY!!!

oh my oh my. looks like you are having the time of your life!

tell frenchie that eating snails is NOT okay, even if he is in flippin paris!

i love the doors. like LOvE them! especially the HUGE one that make you look half your height.


on another note:
i have a giant favor to ask of you! i need to talk to someone! i am in extreme need for advice,can i get kayla's number from you? pretty please?

Marilyn said...

Ahhhhh...Bonbon and Frenchie...two young lovers in Paris (you only have to be younger than me to qualify for the "young" title)....I hate to have you two come home....because that means my vacation in Paris ends too...heavy sigh...it was wonderful!!!! Too bad they don't have taste-a-vision on the internet....I would have joined you for it all...even the escargot....what's not to like about garlic! Hope your re-entry into your regular routine at home isn't too difficult....mine always was.....oh, and Monya...how many suitcases did you take? I know you needed one just for shoes!!!

Love you two...safe travels..mm