Sunday, May 23, 2010

What a Day !!!

I've had some funny and interesting things happen to me this week. At one point my hair (or lack of) was completely consuming my thoughts and difficult for me to get past, anymore I don't think about it too much. Yesterday I was looking in the mirror and thinking I needed a little color on my body, I know I can't lay in the sun (at least from the chest up) and I don't want to lay in the sun. I have some bronzing lotions that I use sometimes but they are so much maintenance, so I made up my mind that I was going to go get a spray tan, after all as women we all need a little "pick me up" once in awhile. The hot flashes are getting worse, the fatigue and insomnia is not any better maybe doing something for myself will help me feel a little better. First I needed to go grocery shopping, tomorrow is Sunday and I didn't have anything for dinner yet, so off to Walmart I went with my list in hand. On the way into the store I noticed this lady with a huge bouffant hair do thing going on.... on the top of her head, it took me back to the early 70's I remember my mom had hair like that, I immediately thought, how nice that she feels comfortable enough to go out into public. She then disappeared from my sight into the east entrance while I went into the west entrance. I was busy going up and down the aisles getting the ingredients I needed, I looked up as I was putting some diced green chilies in the cart to see the bouffant lady walking straight towards me, I had this feeling she was going to say something to me, yep sure enough hear she comes
Lady: "whoever does your hair does not do a very good job"
then she pulls out a business card and hands it to me
Lady: "Hear is the business card of the lady that does my hair"
I'm thinking seriously? She has got to be kidding me, uh no such luck she was totally serious.. I started to laugh then said
Me: "Um, I have cancer, I didn't cut my hair this way"
then in a very sarcastic voice, as if to say I was the one being rude she says
Lady: "OH...., WELL I Didn't KNOW"
and she walked off with her beehive hair do and her nose in the air.... very, very funny I could not stop laughing at the irony.
That's what I get for judging her hair in the parking lot, I would of never said anything to her but still I did think about her hair and wondered if she had been introduced to the 2000's. Who knows maybe that style is coming back, what do I know? I may have just passed on an incredible opportunity to have my hair done by the latest and most fashionable hairdresser. Styles of clothes are always coming in and out, maybe hair fashion is too.
I left Walmart thinking about getting my spray tan and hoping I would have enough energy after all I needed to do today. Haleigh called and asked me to get her SUBWAY on my way home, when I walked into SUBWAY the lady behind the counter was very exuberantly expressing how much she loved my hair
SUB GIRL: " OH MY GOODNESS, I love your hair"
ME: "Thank you, I appreciate you saying that"
SUB GIRL: "Are you attracted to females?"
at this point I'm thinking this is not going to end well for me I just know it...huge gulp and lump in the throat
ME: "Um, no not really"
SUB GIRL: "That's too bad, you would be a huge turn on at the club I go to, I was going to ask you to go with me tonight"
OK this girl is so excited and smiley I can't help but smile too, I'm just thinking Heavenly Father get me out of this and I promise I will never go in public again, well at least until my hair grows out. ha ha
ME: "Sorry" are you kidding me Monya? that's it? all you could say was sorry? Really at this point I just want to get in my car and get home.
SUB GIRL: "Here let me help you to your car, are you sure you won't reconsider going out tonight?"
I'm wondering does SUBWAY employees usually walk their customers to the car? WOW that was uncomfortable.
This is the 3rd time I have been "hit on" by a women since my hair loss. I guess I'm attractive to the females who like females.
Not sure I will take any comfort in that, but it has really been funny to come home and tell Eric about it. He got a good laugh out of it last night. I love that we have been blessed with the ability to laugh right now.
After this very eventful and entertaining day, I decided it was time for my spray tan. I was so nervous I have never done anything Like this before and I was afraid I would come out looking like a big PUMPKIN.... then I thought who cares it can't really get any worse, and besides I've decided since we never know what turn our lives will take I am going to take risks and do things I always wanted to do but was too afraid to try. I did it and I got some color, and I might even do it again someday.

6 comments:

Angela Brian said...

oh my goodness!

this is the funniest thing i have heard all month!

right after i read it, i ran down the hall to have cory read it too.

thanks for the laughs.

i hope the weirdo lady from walmart gets her hair pooped on by a bird!

you are so beautiful and funny as ever! love you tons!

Tracey said...

That is seriously funny!
You poor thing. It's a good thing you have a sense of humor right now!
Your awesome... keep smiling!

tamy scheurn said...

OK!!! What Walmart were you at? I am going to hang out there until I see a lady with a ugly huge BEEHIVE on her head and then I am going to "kick her _ _ _"! And the sub-girl...REALLY!!! WOW people! I felt my "Old Bon Bon" back in this post! I love you my sweet girl!

Unknown said...

I love that you can laugh at these stories! (and share them so I can too.) People are so weird!

Peterson Family said...

Seriously? Those are some of the funniest stories I have ever heard! Who comes up to ANYONE in a Walmart and offers unsolicited advice? Here I thought it was annoying to have people give dirty looks when your 2 year old throws a fit in the checkout line. And the lesbo at the Subway... holy cow... that is too much!! Walking you to your car was borderline harrassment! haha

Good thing you have a great sense of humor!

And I'm with Angela... a BIG bird who had way too much to eat. ;)

Marilyn said...

Monyaaaa...When you're hot you're hot!!!!!! A compliment is a compliment....you don't have to analyze the source...and the WalMart lady.....how did she think her hairdresser was going to rat your hair up into a beehive like hers.....I lived in the beehive era...and so did Vi...I use to do her hair.....and you really got to rat it up....like you would even want a "beehive" even if you had long flowing locks...which you will have again....soon...in the mean time you get the best stories to tell...I am glad you are writing them down......people are so funny....both comically and just plain strange!! I mean are you kidding me!