Thursday, May 13, 2010

Last Day Of Radiation

I finished radiation, it was so hard to say good-bye to the staff in the radiation department. I have never met people who are more compassionate and kind, what a wonderful experience it has been to know that 5 days a week for 6 weeks I knew I was going to be greeted by people who genuinely care and understand. This staff treated me more like a friend than a patient, I loved them all.
There is something not right about radiation though, I'm not quite sure how it works, meaning that when I go into the room and they get me all situated they leave the room and shut the huge metal door so they don't get radiated... huh? how can that be good for your body? kinda weird how it works. I'm sure if they had a special light to check the levels of radiation in your body mine would like up like a christmas tree. At Mayo they call us the GLOW club... seriously??
My skin is so sunburned, well actually radiation burned ha ha.... I thought I would make it through without getting burned... what was I thinking? Under my arm where the lymph nodes were radiated feels like I have a 2nd degree burn and my breast is also burned and swollen. The last 2 weeks it has gotten worse, the swelling is weird ... when I put my arm down I can feel my breast on my arm..... ladies if you have no boobs and you thought you wanted melons .... you don't, I'm still not sure why Heidi Montag would want to change her cute body, I heard her say on a 20/20 episode that she wants to now go from a F cup to a G cup..... ewww that makes me sick .... I don't think any of us realize how much we take for granted.
On the last day of radiation Patients are encouraged to ring the bell so everyone knows it is your last day, and I did, I rang is loud and long.
Ringing The Bell

Saying Goodbye was Hard I will miss them


Ready For Radiation

Radiation/Oncology Building

Mayo Clinic Scottsdale Campus
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5470882757293266178" />

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!!! You must be so happy today. It's time to go to the next chapter of your life now. Happy for you!!
xoxo,
Jenster