Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend








WOW it's been awhile since I've blogged, my Internet has not allowed me to get on ..... So here is the update: Eric, Haleigh and I left on Friday after my radiation appointment to visit with Kaitlyn and Brian in Utah. Their house is so cute and totally reflects her personality. On Saturday morning we went to the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City where the Susan G. Koman VILLAIN walk started and ended. The entire Wright family including spouses walked, with the exception of one of Brian's sisters Tori. Jamie Patterson, Kelsie Webster, Emily Brinton and Willi Nixon all walked with us too. There were over 20,000 people walking/running. I am not quite up to running yet but I was proud of myself for being able to walk the entire 5k. It was an overwhelming sight to look up the road and witness a sea of white and pink VILLAIN shirts. I loved being able to catch up with all of those girls, you know get the scoop on who's dating who and all, they are all so cute and I love them for supporting such a great cause. I also really enjoyed talking with Brian's family, they are such a great family, always supportive and kind. When the race ended they had all the survivors (who were wearing PINK) parade in together and stand on the steps for a tribute and picture. It was amazing to look around and see pink shirts surrounding me, knowing each one of these women have a story, they each are part of this world I live in. They truly do understand and the tears are real as they run down our cheeks.
I was searching the crowd for Eric, my eyes connected with his, he was crying, this was touching him in a different way then it touched me. The world that he lives in as a care-giver is a different world than even I understand, and those around him could understand his tears because as I looked out in the crowd many were crying, they were shedding tears not only for someone they know who has survived the VILLAIN but for themselves having been the one who desperately stood by watching their loved one go through pain that they cannot fix. It hit me that Eric is a fixer, he wants me to be happy and always has wanted to protect me and fix what is wrong .... this VILLAIN he could not fix, how hard that must be on him.
What a great couple of days we had with Kaitlyn, Brian and his family. We got on a flight early Sunday morning so we could talk to Blake on Mother's Day. It was so nice to hear his voice and know he is doing well and enjoying his mission. I think he was happy to talk to us too. The language is really coming along for him and he likes his companion a lot. I told him to not worry about me I am doing so good and the Lord is truly blessing us because of his service. This was such a good weekend for me, thank you to all my children who make me want to be a better person, who constantly surprise me with their strength and unconditional love. I Love You!!!!

1 comments:

The Wrights said...

Thanks for coming to visit me! We loved it! and I love you too!