Tuesday, May 4, 2010

B-is for Brady B-Strong

One of the positive things that has come out of my diagnosis with the VILLAIN is the opportunity to meet some of the strongest, bravest people I know. Every time I go to the MAYO, the grocery store or MALL I am blessed to meet people who will forever stay in my prayers and in my heart. Last week, at a pizza shop in Tempe, Eric and I met a man who I have been thinking about everyday since. He noticed that we had a relay for life sticker in our car and that I was bald, he approached Eric and asked about my VILLAIN, as he and Eric talked I was in the distance and could tell they were talking about me. The man introduced himself and immediately started to cry, I hugged him and he told me of his 2 year old son who was diagnosed with a rare VILLAIN at age 3 months. He told me that Brady is the youngest to ever be diagnosed and what a struggle it has been as a parent to watch his child go through the agony he has had to endure over the past 2 years. Brady has been put under over 80 times in his short life. He has a breathing tube through his nose, he does not know what it is like to run outside and play, he will never be able to do the normal things in life that we all take for granted. My heart ached for this man, both Eric and I got emotional and cried as he spoke. It's a lot easier to handle when adults are diagnosed, a child that young does not understand what is happening to them, for Brady this is his life, he has never known anything different. The man took a bracelet off his arm and gave it to me, it said on it B-is for Brady B-Strong!!
Thinking about Brady this week, made me think about the Savior and the agony and suffering he went through in the Garden of Gethsemane. His Father had to watch HIS son go through the worse pain any person has ever had to endure, and Heavenly Father could of taken it all away and stopped it at any time but he didn't because it was all part of the plan. I'm sure that the FATHER suffered along with HIS son knowing the pain he was going through.
As we go through our trials I'm sure that Heavenly Father looks down on us all and wants to take away the pain, he feels our anguish, and he has the power to take it all away but he doesn't because this too is part of his plan. How we endure, who we become through our trials is all part of HIS plan.

0 comments: