Friday, April 30, 2010

So Sad

Blake wrote home this week to tell us he had to have his finger nail and part of his finger removed, he got an ingrown finger nail a few months ago and it has gotten progressively worse over the months. He had to spend the night in Santiago so he could have the procedure done in the morning. He said they did not deaden it, I was freaking out. Then they gave him some ibuprofen, he popped 4 in his mouth, then he said she was freaking out. I said "why did the surgeon freak out, I would of taken 6" he said "surgeon????? she was no surgeon" after that I stopped asking questions, it's scary what some missionaries who serve in 2nd or 3rd world countries have to endure.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh poor guy. I remember my friend who was a mission president's wife in Brazil spent A LOT of time being a medic taking care of in-grown toe nails especially. I guess that is the reason why - it can get bad. I hope it heals quickly :).

Nichole Barney said...

Oh my gosh that looks like it really hurts! Poor kid! We take for granted all the medical stuff that is available to us here in the U.S.