Monday, March 29, 2010

Reflections in the Mirror

With all this good news in my life right now I am feeling good, and happy the past couple of days. I am going to enjoy this time right now, I have been so homesick for Blake, but have decided that the Lord can take much better care of him than I can, so I need to just let him go for now and let the Lord do his thing. In May I will talk to him again then turn him back over to the Lord. Thank you Tamy for your Advice. It's a good thing I only had one son, the Lord knew it would be too hard for me to send them off for 2 years.

Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror naked, like after you get out of the shower? Usually I run into my closet and quickly get dressed, but today I stared at myself for a good 15 minutes, WOW things have changed over the years. Are we as women ever 100% happy with our body? Even when I was running everyday and exercising like a maniac everyday, I was not happy with what my body looked like. But today as I looked into my eyes I saw a different woman, a woman who has endured many trials in her life, that should count for some of those wrinkles I have on my face. I see a woman with a lot of faith, and love for her family and friends more than ever before I love people I never would of given a time of day before, not because I didn't care for them but simply because I felt as if I didn't have time. I see an imperfect body, maybe even a little sick and frail, but inside that imperfect body I see a stronger woman, a woman willing to stand up for her beliefs at any costs, even if I'm the only one standing. Today I am able to look past the imperfections, and more importantly understand that imperfection is in all of us. The Lord does not expect any of us to be perfect, he expects us to come unto him and love one another. Interesting to me, since for most women it is so hard to love what they see in the mirror staring back at them. I never thought I would love the woman staring back at me, but I do, even with my bald head and my face so fair, no eyelashes or eye brows. The past 8 months has brought to light a new perspective on life, too bad I waited 47 years to come to a clear understanding of who I am. I wish I could talk to all young woman and tell them don't wait for something tragic to happen in your life, be faithful and strong now, come to see yourself like the Lord sees you- BEAUTIFUL- HE loves each one of us, and even though we all look different, when we know who we are we learn that in the Lords eye it does not matter, because we were created by him, and HIS is an unconditional love.

6 comments:

Wendi said...

that is a wonderful idea for you to talk to the young women of the church. I am going to talk to our YW president and give her that idea. I know that you would really make a difference. Especially at this time in the world where how we look seems to be soooooo important when really it is not. Thanks for your inspiration. I can't wait for may myself. Jordan goes into the field tomorrow. I have to admit I am a pinch nervous, but so excited for him at the same time. It's a good thing I trust in the Lord with every fiber of my being. Stay Happy

Angela Brian said...

wow. you are amazing. i would have never thought of things like that. i need to love the body i have been blessed with. you inspire me more and more with every post!

m.estelle said...

monya. i love you. and i love and appreciate this. you are so strong and such an AMAZING example to the rest of us.
xoxoxoxoxoxox
praying for you.
e

tamy scheurn said...

Bon Bon, it is ok to miss Blake! Just know it is normal! I did tell you to let Heavenly Father watch Blake, But I do have to tell you that you doing much better than I did when my boys left on there mission! And let me tell you about this rule.... Missionary Moms get to talk first to there missionary when they call on Mothers Day! AND you get to talk as long as he can talk and then if there is time for some one else that is a bonus for the other kids and Eric! This is a Tamy Scheurn Rule! But I am sure I can find this rule somewhere in some hand book! Love you sweet girl!! NEVER forget how BEAUTIFUL you are!

Willi Nixon said...

you have always been beautiful monya but i'm so happy you can see it amplified now. your new perspectives teach me so much and i hope the rest of the girls can learn as much from you as i do!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!