Monday, February 22, 2010

Last Day of Chemo



Today was my last chemo treatment....the significance of this milestone is overwhelming to me. I am not feeling well today, but I know I need to get my feelings down on my blog, because as it usually goes the week of chemo I get more sick as the days go on, and it makes it difficult for me to concentrate (mostly because of the drugs)
My day started with Tamy picking me up at 9am checking in at 9:40, we sat in the waiting area visiting with each other and having a spiritual talk that I will not soon forget, I love Tamy. I was explaining to her how much I feel UN prepared spiritually for this trial.
I am really so far from being done with this journey, as I look back on the past 6-7 months it is in some ways such a blur, and in some ways it has brought my eyes, and heart wide open. I have so much to be grateful for and I am looking forward to 6 months from now when I can say "I am cancer free"

I did not want to go to chemo, it is grueling and makes me so sick, but today I knew it would be my last and I was ready to conquer. It was a rainy day, and after hours of the chemo being pumped into me, the nurse came to say I was done, the chemo was done draining. Tamy looked out the window and said "look at the beautiful rainbow"
tears filled my eyes, because I knew it was the Lord giving me a sign, it was like the rainbow I saw with Haleigh in Hawaii, just 2 weeks before I found out I had the VILLAIN in me, except for one thing we could not see the end of the rainbow this time. The VILLAIN is still lingering over our house, but I am still here, trying to survive. I believe the end is in sight, but I have a little more work to do.
The nurses came in and celebrated with me, I cried as I hugged each one of them and Tamy. Now I have the month of March off, only 2 doctor appointments, they will do the mapping to get me ready for radiation in April. I am so looking forward to being with my family, we are going away from here for spring break and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

9 comments:

Angela Brian said...

you know i am one for signs. I LOVED THE RAINBOW, looking at that picture gave me chills. what a beautiful sign from heavenly father that the end is in sight. i am so proud of you and can't wait to hear from kayla the exciting adventures you have on your month off. enjoy recker for me and that sweet husband of yours i said hello.

you have such an amazing family!

Angela Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tamy scheurn said...

Listen to your heart and not the world! You are spirotually prepared in every way! If you weren't you would of not made it this far through this trail! You have shown pure grace as you have gone through your chemo months, and now you are on to the next stage of this moment in your life the radiation! I have watched your strength all along and i know you are ready to continue to see this trail to the end! You have taught your family the true meaning of strength, and faith! I love you sweet girl!

Vickie said...

This is a great post Monya! I am celebrating with you in spirit, and will celebrate again when the radiation is done. And again on your 6 month villain free anniversary and your 1 year, etc. etc. WHOO-HOO!

Wendi said...

I am so proud of you. With all that you have been through how you keep you head up so high and always find the good in the day. I know there must be down times (tons of them) but your spirit comes through really strong. I know that prayer is such a blessing and believe me we are praying for you always. If you need anything, like maybe your toe nails painted I would love to help. Enjoy that spring break, make wonderful memories. Thanks for being such a wonderful person.

Marilyn said...

Amen....Amen...Goodbye to chemo....hello to a renwal of life.....Love you, mm

Willi Nixon said...

Amazing. You are so positive Monya! We are all proud of you for getting through chemo and this will all be over soon!

Nichole Barney said...

Monya I am so glad that was your last chemo treatment. You have been such a trooper. I am amazed at your strength! Thanks for being an example to us all!

sara said...

This month is going to be so wonderful!!! How lovely to get away!!