Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Preach My Gospel



About a month ago I wrote to Blake and told him I wanted to study the Preach My Gospel book, (this is the book that the missionaries of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latterday Saints study out of) He wrote me back and said "mom just study chapter 3 and chapter 6, the rest is just missionary stuff you would be bored with it" SO I got out my book and read chapter 3 twice. I am now studying chapter 6, entitled How do I develop Christlike Attributes I am totally obsessed with this chapter. When Jesus said "Follow Me" he is talking to all who believe in HIM, what better example for us who are trying to be more like him in our lives, striving to become wiser in our choices, choice of words with others, choice of thoughts we can all become more like HIM if we believe in the Atonement of Christ we know that none of us is perfect but through the Atonement of Christ we all can try everyday to achieve this goal.
The Christlike Attritbutes included in this chapter are:
Faith in Jesus Christ
Hope
Charity and Love
Knowledge
Patience
Humility
Diligence
and Obedience
For each one of these Attributes there are scriptures to study, and an Attribute activity to help you to develop your goal.
I have decided to take one at a time and work on it, and when I fail at it I will work on it again and again. Life is full of ups and downs and as we all try to acheive these attributes maybe together we can make the world a better place to live in.

0 comments: