Monday, February 15, 2010

Kaitlyn & Brian Visit







I miss Kaitlyn so much and I was so excited when her and Brian told me they were going to be able to visit this weekend. It has been months since I've seen Brian. Seeing them together, here with the family made me miss them even more, I wish so badly that they lived closer. I tried so hard to be up to par with them while they were here, I made sugar cookies for Kaitlyn because I know how much she loves them, and she asked me to make them since it was Valentines Day weekend. Even though my body was in pain, my heart was full of happiness because they were here.
We had alot of fun just staying at home and enjoying each other .Brian and Kaitlyn are so cute and I know why Kaitlyn married him, he is perfect for her in every way. Today they went back to their home in Utah, and I am sad again. Having all of my family in one place at the same time will be a dream come true, the next time that will happen is when Blake gets home from his mission, and speaking of Blake I miss him, and have shed more than one tear over that boy lately. Tonight even as I feel the aching of my body, I am so grateful to be a mom, not only to be a mom but to be Kayla, Blake, Kaitlyn, and Haleigh's mom.
Being a mom is easy when you know they are making wise choices and including the Lord in their lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to have your family there. Your girls look great as do you!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful family! I understand loving having them under one roof, even though I haven't had one leave yet. I love that song too.

Marilyn said...

So glad you had a island of enjoyment with your family...familes can bring true joy to our lives.....Sometimes are easier than others being a mom, but I still would not trade it, even when the times are hard....loving,teaching,accepting and learning the meaning of "unconditional"....are all part of a bigger plan....We never stop being a parent...the commitment is eternal.....hoping this week is better for you than last week....I always comforted myself when Jess was on his mission and I missed him.....by thinking, "What would he be doing if he were home with me?"....the answer was always ... "not that much"...so it was so much better for him to be out serving the Lord and learning soooo much more than what he would at home during that same time....it is an oppotunity of a lifetime....and they are safe for a while from many of life's challenges....then all the challenges return when they get home and it is a whole new learning curve.....so enjoy this time of peace.