Saturday, November 7, 2009

Having Fun With Dr. Peter Kreymerman

One of my favorite doctors Dr. PK and his assistant Heather

One thing I've learned is that you need to have a sense of humor, even in the rough times it helps just to laugh, find some humor in things that make you say "huh?"
I had an appointment yesterday for an expansion with my plastics doc (I call him Dr. PK.) It has been a really tough week for me emotionally and I knew going to see Dr. Kreymerman that I was going to have some pain with the expansions, so I decided to give him and I a laugh....well I hoped he would laugh and not think I was some kind of creepy weird patient.
When I got in the exam room the nurse asked me to put on the gown, under the gown I put on the rhinestone bra from the previous post I talked about. When Dr. Pk came in he asked how I was doing I told him it had been a tough week for me and that knowing the chemo is coming soon I was having some anxiety. We discussed that for a moment, and he told me he was sorry for what I was going through, then I told him I had received one of the itemized bills from the hospital, he looked at me kind of puzzled... (like ok why are you telling me this?) I said "before I take off my robe I want to tell you something" then his interest was perked up I could tell he was kinda worried about what was going to happen when I took off the robe....
I proceeded to tell him that I could not believe that the ugly white bra he put on me after surgery was over $200 dollars, He said "oh don't you have insurance?" I said "yes, but still $200+ for that ugly bra? are you kidding me?" He said " I know the hospital probably only pays $10 for them" then I said "well I think if they are going to charge that much for those bras, they should be RUNWAY READY" he looked at me and said "oh no what did you do?" I took off my robe and he started to laugh, he said he had to get his assistant Heather in the office to see this. It was so fun, just for a couple of minutes it was fun to not think about the VILLAIN and just laugh at something silly.

4 comments:

cheri said...

I'm so glad you posted and "after".. I laughed so hard when I saw the blinged out ugly bra I was dying to find out what the Dr. said (or if you were really going to do it:) love you! thanks for sharing!!

The Pocket Inn said...

Monya,

You have always been so good at seeing the bright side of life! :)

I am so glad that you commented on my blog. I read yours often and my mom and I think of you more than you know.

When we found out about your battle with "the villian" we both cried and prayed for you and your family. You really are such a special person to our family and you will be forever.

In reading your posts I have truly been inspired by your strength and beautiful testimony. :)

:) Katie

Kayla Roussel said...

i LOOOOVE you mom you crack me up!! I had so much fun decorating that bra for you and was so excited all week waiting to see how the appointment with PK was going to go. I love you!!

Kayla Roussel said...

p.s. NOW when you google PK's name your blog shows up hahahahaha