Monday, November 2, 2009

Find Some Humor In It



I just started getting the itemized bills from when I was in the Hospital. One of the items struck me very funny. When I got out of surgery the doctors put this white ugly bra on me, huge Velcro down the front, something you might see at a dollar store. Well that ugly bra costs me over $200. I was so shocked by that and even more shocked when I realized that they threw the 1st bra away during my 2nd surgery and gave me a "fresh" one. Trying to find some humor in this, I decided to rhinestone it, totally bling it out, and when I go see Doctor Kreymerman this Friday I am going to have it under my gown and tell him that if the Hospital is going to charge VILLAIN patients $200+ for a bra then it should be "runway ready" Tamy, Kayla and I had alot of fun doing that on Saturday, and after Tamy and I went to our class last week and found out how to make turbans out of plain t-shirts she made me 3 and rhinestoned them also. She definitely needs to show the ladies who teach at the American Caner Society how its done, because the one they made were really kinda lame. Thanks Tamy and Kayla, it was so fun. I love you both !!

5 comments:

&D designs said...

Love this!!! Those ladies need you! I can see how you will bless so many lives that you are now connecting with! Take Care!

Michelle said...

I love it too! Laughter IS the best medicine. Thank you for sharing your testimony on Sunday. I imagine it was a hard thing to do but you inspire so many of us. I saw many women wiping their eyes. Thank you thank you for your example of faith and courage :).

Kayla Roussel said...

I LOVE YOU TOO!! THAT WAS SOOO FUN I LOVED IT...I CANT WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT "PK's" RESPONSE TO THAT..IT WILL BE PRICELESS TOO BAD I WONT BE THERE. I LOVE YOU AND CANT WAIT TO MAKE MORE HEAD WRAPS WITH YOU!

Peterson Family said...

That is SO funny! I LOVE the bling! $200 for a bra... that is ridiculous! Good for you for turning it into something humorous! :)

I just read the post before this one and it made me tear up. Mark was in Blake's position (with Steve's cancer) when he left on his mission as well. I've heard him recall those precious, tender memories and what it meant to hug his father in Spain two years later. Blake was raised well, it's no surprise that he's making a great missionary! How sweet your reunion will be. :)

You are loved...

Nichole Barney said...

Get a picture of your doctors reaction that is funny. I can't believe they charge 200$ for that thing. They must think no one looks at the bills. What a joke!