Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blake calls from the Airport

I had a really hard time getting to sleep last night, I am experiencing some extremely sharp pain in my right breast when I breath in or turn over in my sleep, it is hard to explain the pain without saying it feels like a very sharp knife slicing down the middle of my breast, it takes the breath out of me and sometimes will last up to 30 seconds. It happened last night when I went to bed, I felt bad for Eric because he did not know what to do for me, and honestly there is nothing he can do, I have to work through it myself. Once I got myself up I was so afraid to lie down again, I went downstairs and sat up on the sofa to sleep. That did not work either, I finally got brave enough to try lying down again about 3:30 am.
I was awakened by a phone call from my son at 5:30 am, he is flying from Salt Lake City to the Dominican Republic today. I have never been so excited to get a phone call. We talked for about a half hour. He sounds amazingly good, I was impressed with his anticipation to get out into the mission field. The next 2 years are going to be filled with so many blessings, I look forward to seeing my son grow into a man and learn about life away from his family and friends.
Later today, I missed his call from Puerto Rico...I was bummed but really happy that I have his voice on my message machine to listen to when I need an extra push to get me through the day.

3 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

What a blessing to have a son out on a mission. I bet that was the greatest feeling to get his call and hear his voice!

Marilyn said...

He is going to be a great missionary! That voice message will get you through on rough days.....amazing how little things can mean so much, but it is true. Christmas is not too far a way....and the phone call there will make your day! It sure did ours.....There is nothing like having a missionary out..and the Lord blesses you in amazing ways during that time. It makes me smile.

laurel Smaila-Munzer said...

I just got through reading your blogs. Wow. Am I ever humbled. I love you and pray for you eevery day. I will continue to keep reading. Please let my know if you ever feel up to an "at home" manicure or pedicure and massage. I will be there in a minute. Take care! Love Laurel