Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Stand All Amazed

I have always found such comfort in the words of hymns. One of my favorite hymns is I Stand All Amazed. Yesterday my very good friend was baptized and Dina Rossell sang this song. I listened to the words with my heart wide open. Besides the fact that Dina could sing a commercial for toothpaste and bring you to tears with her beautiful voice, I was so touched by the spirit when she sang the 2nd verse:

I marvel, that he would descend from his throne divine to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud of mine, that he should extend his great love unto such as I, sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify..oh it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me.


We all sometime in our lives let pride get the best of us, or we become rebellious. Maybe we don't forgive when we know we can, or we want to be right at the expense of others, the Lord extends his love to each of us and although it is sometimes difficult to see through the dirty glasses on the end of our noses, he is there, always there, he does care for us and he did die for us.
I love Jenny, my good friend, she worked so hard for many many years to be able to be baptized. She was absolutely beautiful when she came up out of the water, I have always thought she was beautiful but yesterday the beauty was pure and angelic. Eric was who she asked to baptize her, what an honor for him. To feel of the spirit that was in the room was incredible, I don't think anyone who was there could deny that she was spiritually prepared which allowed the spirit to work as it should. I love that the Gospel of Jesus Christ allows us to have agency to choose what our lifes journey will be, and sometimes when we step away from the correct principles, let go of the rod, maybe for a litle while, maybe for a long while, the Lord forgives, he takes us in and enfolds us when we ask for his help. To see the ATonement work in our lives and in the lives of those who we love so much is a testimony to me that we need to forgive and accept others into our lives as the Lord does. I Love You Jenny, enjoy every second of what was once taken from you, now being full circle and embracing you as you start your new journey.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

So true....nothing is sweeter!

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are all over 220 bucks everwhere. But finally I base this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm really into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that exact brand. The prices seeking the shoes are around 300 bucks on every site. But finally I found this location selling them for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good day bros. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for that meticulous make. The prices due to the fact that the boots are around 330 bucks on every site. But for all I base this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that exact brand. The prices for the shoes are approximately 230 bucks on every page. But completely I bring about this area selling them for half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what can you say about it?