Thursday, February 25, 2016

Hawaii with Haleigh 2009






One of the benefits of working for US Airways is being able to make last minute trips. So on a Saturday Haleigh and I decided to fly to Hawaii, and on Monday we were laying on the beach in Waikiki.
We had a blast just the two of us, we went all over the entire Island, from one beach to the next. One of our most favorite things to do in Hawaii is eat Malasadas.
If you have never had one, they are absolutely the best at Leonards. Malasadas are an incredible doughnut type pastry light and fluffy, filled with homemade custards, and chocolates, or plain with cinammon and sugar one bite into one of these malasadas and you cant wait to eat the next one....I ate way too many....hence I am back on the diet. Haleigh and I spent one week on the Island of Oahu, we have been there before but this time was the 1st time we had gone alone, without the rest of te family. We enjoyed every minute we had with eachother, I love Haleigh so much. She is such a good girl. I am always so impressed with her ability to make good decisions, no questions she knows what is right and wrong. I appreciate so much the time that I get to spend with my kids one on one. It gives us time to re-connect with each other. Soon Haleigh will be the only child at home, I remember when Kaitlyn went off to school and it was only Haleigh and I at home, we had fun playing barbies and doing lunch at the McDonalds play ground... ha ha what great memories, then I would go and pick up the other kids from school and they would say "not fare you went with Haleigh to McDonalds" I am looking forward to me and Haleigh again...but I will miss Blake and I really miss Kaitlyn...so does Haleigh

3 comments:

Peterson Family said...

HOW FUN!! I am totally jealous!

Your Haleigh is so sweet! Okay, so actually all I REALLY know about her is when I used put her to sleep as a baby (8 months?), when we all lived in the Islands and I babysat. She NEVER wanted to go down, she only wanted to PLAY! :)

Glad you had a GREAT trip! I had better have a girl one day to do these fun things with. :)

Be A Saint said...

That is so funny. My kids did the same thing about my little kids and McDonald's. It must be a rite of passage.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!