Thursday, January 14, 2010

Today is my Birthday



AFter Monday's chemo treatment, they told me that I may not feel the effects until Wednesday or Thursday and expect them to last through the weekend. Tuesday night I started getting the extreme back and leg aches, also my lower stomach is extremely painful, very sharp pains. Today I called my oncologist to find out if this is normal and if there is anything I can take to get some relief. I am now back on the pain medicine. The pain medicine makes me so tired, so I either live with the pain (kinda not an option) or take the pain medicine and sleep all day and night.
Today is my Birthday and my wonderful friend Mysti Brown put together a girls night for me and my close friends, I felt so badly to have to cancel but I am not functional, and I have been in a fetal position for 2 days. I hope that we can do the "girls night" next week, I need something to look forward to.
The woman in my ward made this quilt for my birthday, I was asleep when Ruthanne VanWagoner and Lynette Peterson brought it over. I woke up feeling pain and just wanted to get some medicine and go back to sleep, Eric said to me "wait until I show you what the ladies in the ward made for your birthday" when I saw it, I seriously broke down crying. I am so overwhelmed, on each square women wrote a personal note to me, It took me so long to read them all because I was crying so hard, I had no idea so many woman felt the way they do about me. I can never explain in words the feelings I felt as I read each one of them, every single one of these woman have made such an impression on my life at one time or another. I am surviving somedays because I know I want to be like these woman, strong, worthy, incredible wives, mothers and friends. How can I ever thank them, Not only for the time and effort it took to make this quilt, but mostly because of the message behind it, I think everyone wants to feel loved and needed, today I felt it, I felt the love from each one of those messages and I know those words will give me strength as I read them in times when I am feeling down. Thank you, thank you.


9 comments:

lorie said...

So so cool!

gs said...

I loved the colors and design of the quilt. It's fabulous. What some outstanding women we are able to interact with..you being one of them.

ox

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Monya! Isn't that a beautiful quilt? Keep resting and I hope the pain will go away soon! You are in so many prayers! Josh has a birthday gift for you (just a small thing) but he was so busy yesterday and won't be home today. Hopefully he will bring it over this weekend :).

Wendi said...

That is so wonderful. Of course people feel the way they do about you, you have a spirit that is amazing. Keep resting, take care of yourself and try to remember This Too Shall Pass.... Remind me of that scripture when I am in a big trial!!! Love you tons and Happy Birthday.

Marilyn said...

So wonderful to have a sisterhood that loves you!

Shannon said...

Wow, what a special gift. You are loved by many. I wish I lived closer and could be of more help. Happy birthday girl!

Kristin Walledom (337) 912-5909 said...

Wow! I have to tell you Monya you are touching so many lives with your wonderful journaling. I got a call from Shelly today and she told me she enjoys reading your blog so much and how inspiring it is for her and Steph and Leanne. They read it all the time and tell me how wonderful you are and how impressed they are by the many gifts you have. Shelly is especially in awe of your ability to be able to share your feelings, emotions, strengths, weaknesses, bad times, good times, your honesty, your testimony of your belief in God's hand in your journey, and what a powerful woman you are. She told me to thank you for this beautiful gift you are giving to so many people. I am so proud of you and how you are able to get through these rough days...My spirit will be there on your girls night out....I so hate missing those special moments.

Melody said...

First of all, Happy belated Birthday! That quilt is awesome. It seems like no matter how much that ward changes, there are always the most amazing people there-- I miss it! Still thinking about and praying for you!

sara said...

That is AMAZING!!

w
o
w.

Such a special gift.