Friday, January 29, 2010

SEES Candy

Monday was chemo and I have been really sick and my bones, breasts, and muscles ache. No matter how much I wish it away or pray for it to not be, I awake every morning hoping this is a horrible dream and yet it is still part of my life I'm learning to embrace. Sometimes I reward myself with an extra long bubble bath, or a sweet treat, today while I was at the Mayo I bought a SEES candy bar with toffee chips, I was so ready and excited to bite into it, when I put it to my lips I was dreaming of the smooth taste of Chocolate, one that only SEES can offer. (I am not a big chocolate eater) I was instantly disappointed, not because SEES didn't deliver the finest of chocolate, but because the CHEMO delivered the nastiest of tastes. I sometimes forget that the CHEMO is doing it's job on my body, but on my taste buds I wish it would "give me a break" OH how I wanted that chocolate to taste remarkable, something I could rely on. Ha Ha probably a good idea it didn't I might be getting hand packed nuts and chews by the pound full if it worked.
Today I had an appointment in the cardiovascular department at Mayo. Lately I have had some heart palpitations, so just to be safe they hooked my heart up to a monitor that I have to wear for one month. Then next week I will go to the Mayo Hospital for and echo. The monitor will record any unusual heart beats and report them to my oncologist. I'm pretty sure it's just a weird reaction to some of the medicines I am taking, I think my heart is the strongest organ on my body. I am not looking forward to one month of monitoring. The echo will show any blockages in the arteries, and show actual pictures of my heart and arteries, so there are no surprises.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

The taste buds do come back in all their glory......so be encouraged! But what a disappointment!

One more down...you are making progress....just think how many you don't have to do again!

Love you, mm

Kayla Roussel said...

Im sorry your taste buds are being so crappy, you couldnt even enjoy "sue's" last night :( i love you and so does recker (who is sleeping in your arms right now!!)

Teri said...

If you ever need someone to eat your See's just call me, I think my taste buds are doing just fine.It's my big butt and gut that shouldn't enjoy the See's. We think about you every day and hope you know how happy we will be when all this hideous chemo is over and you are on the mend. Hang in there!Love, Teri

Kristin Walledom (337) 912-5909 said...

Damn that Villan.....Sees Candy sounds like heaven right now as I am eating a cucumber. You are so close to being done with this chemo I am so proud of you. I will be home the end of March and I hope you can have some fun...love you!