Sunday, March 6, 2016

PBR (Bull Riding)

Eric and I went to the PBR tonight with good friends Taz and Kathy Evans.  I was surprised to hear the announcer ask everyone to stand bow their heads and unite in prayer.  He began with Dear Heavenly Father....a feeling of strength and hope came over me.  With this being an Presidential Election year, it's been a nasty fight.  Our beautiful nation is turning into political attacks, murderers, and liars.  We are forced to choose the better of the evils to vote for.

Schools are not allowed to stand and repeat the pledge of Allegiance any longer--why the word God is used. I have fond memories of standing with my hand over my heart and repeating

I pledge allegiance to the flag,
of the United States of American
and to the Republic for which it stands.
One Nation Under God indivisible with liberty and
justice for all.

My children and grandchildren will never understand those words.  Tonight I am grateful for the country I live in, hopeful for change in our leaders.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a PBR, please?