Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

This post is dedicated to my incredible husband Eric, it's Father's Day today and as I write this I'm thinking of him.  I don't have a father to celebrate with, neither does Eric, so we will celebrate with our children.




Eric learned how to be a dad from his own father who was so special to us.   Ray passed away a few years ago, and I'm telling you from the bottom of my heart I loved him so much... he truly was the only dad I knew.  I felt so blessed when Eric and I started dating to have Ray and Viola in my life, they were true examples of unconditional love, not only for one another but for everyone they came in contact with--I love you both and miss you everyday--If there was one woman I would like to pattern my life after it would be Eric's mother-she showed me how a mother loves her children, and she showed me love every time I was around her. I heard a song the other day, it said something about if going to heaven were easy he would pack up his kids and go visit, I have to agree with that, the 1st people I want to see is Ray and Viola Williams.  With parents like Eric had it's no wonder he turned out to be such an amazing husband and father to our children.
Have you ever felt a little proud of a decision you have made?  One of the best decisions of my life was marrying Eric, he has blessed our family.  My girls adore him, we also get a good laugh at his expense (sorry Eric but you make it so easy sometimes)  Blake has grown to respect and admire his dad,  not one week has gone by since Blake has been gone that Eric has not written him.  Personally, Eric has supported me and loved me unconditionally through my cancer treatments, showing our children how to take care of his wife during such a crisis.  Thank you Eric, you have helped to change my life for the better, together we have raised 4 wonderful children and I could not have survived without you.  I am blessed to call you the father of our children. Happy Father's Day !!

Today, we had "man food" for dinner--steak, potatoes, asparagus and rolls- and Eric got his 1st pair of TOMS.  



0 comments: